Valravn time lapse videos

Darn it, they took more trees down when they tore down the marina gate. But maybe it'll be easier to get buses and RVs thru there too.

Chris

That doesn't make sense, buses and RVs don't go through the Marina gate into the park.

I did notice in the video that it seemed like they removed the old street lights rather than just bulldozing them, perhaps they will be restored and somehow incorporated into the new construction.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I wonder if Chris meant buses/RVs driving down Perimeter Rd.

Yes, of course I meant perimeter road. Thanks for the humor Pete.

Chris

A couple notes and questions about this weeks video.

The old antique lights were on the night before they were all removed. Apparently it wasn't that hard to just shut them off and yank them.

Several trees on the marina entrance path were removed, but also one big tree on the celebration plaza midway. I'm not sure exactly why, but it's hard to tell the exact ride path.

Anyone know what that mini archway near the celebration plaza midway is? It looks like it had a light on inside of it during the night.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Chuck Wagon said:

Several trees on the marina entrance path were removed, but also one big tree on the celebration plaza midway. I'm not sure exactly why, but it's hard to tell the exact ride path.

I believe that big tree is about where the dive loop will be, following the second drop. Element #7 in the layout description.

Brandon

Where is the mini archway you are referring to?

Could you be referring to the Celebration Station food stand?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I think it is just a maintenance building which is temporary. I went back and looked at the earlier videos and it is surrounded by cars and other storage units.

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Here is this weeks time lapse videos

Week 10 (11/9/15 - 11/15/15):
Angle 1

Original images for these videos are courtesy of CedarPoint.com

Last edited by davidw,

Valravn timelapse: Videos | Playlist | Cedar Fair Roller Coaster Construction on Facebook

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Does anyone else happen to be capturing the images from the webcams? I lost power overnight, so I am missing images from this morning.

Valravn timelapse: Videos | Playlist | Cedar Fair Roller Coaster Construction on Facebook

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I just viewed the time-lapse davidw, it is fascinating to watch all the work. I noticed quite a bit of activity on the Raptor paint job. What are they doing at the former Dodgem elevated pad location? Is that part of Valravn?

davidw said:

Does anyone else happen to be capturing the images from the webcams? I lost power overnight, so I am missing images from this morning.

I don't but would. What software do you use for it?

First rollback on Dragster July 23 2003 since then 15

I have a custom script that I wrote to do it. I'm already working on some redundancy, but just didn't get it done in time :/

David, we all enjoy the timelapse you put together, and won't suffer for missing a couple hours compressed.

Chris

Week 11 (11/16/15 - 11/22/15):
Angle 1

Last edited by davidw,

Here is this weeks time lapse videos

Week 12 (11/23/15 - 11/29/15):
Angle 1

Last edited by davidw,

The yellow bit moving from the truck to the ground towards the beginning? Conduit or utilities of some sort?

Also, I had to do this, and hey it worked haha

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

^ You bet your life it worked. :)

So, if anyone is curious to know the crane is standing upright awaiting the next piece to put in place. Any will somebody please tell Tony to quit moving around the live cam! lol

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service