Raptor and TTD paint

At this rate it seems like they might be able to finish the TTD paint before next season. Wasn't it going to take 2 seasons? It sure helps having TTD closed the last couple weeks of the operating season.

From how I interpreted the announcement, it will be done by next season. My understanding is that they are working now until the weather gets bad, then will resume in the spring before the park opens.

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

This picture posted on Twitter shows how great the new paint on TTD looks. Can't wait to see it fully painted

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSL5oSeW0AAGdQy?format=pjpg&name=large

I don't see anything remarkable about that picture at all.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

The paint looks much better at the base of the tower with the red and white alternating track. You can't see it in that image though.

You can clearly see the new red paint on the track at the bottom of the drop on the downward side.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Was that sarcasm? If not that worries me. As mentioned above, you can clearly see the difference. The base of the tower as well as the top right supports and the bottom left side of the track has been painted.

Last edited by CoasterGuy15,

No, I can't clearly see anything.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I took this yesterday and you can see the new paint in the brake run.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Thanks... that's a lot more illustrative than a washed out, low resolution photo taken from far away in bright sun.

If you guys couldn't clearly see the paint in the first picture, then I suggest glasses. If you already have glasses, I suggest a stronger prescription.

DISCLAIMER: I am by no means an eye doctor. Just someone who can tell the difference between fresh paint, and faded color.

But thanks for posting that picture CoasterGuy15. It helped some of us see the transition and how much has been done so far.

Thabto, that's a good picture. Thankfully that block area will look attractive once again while waiting in line.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

It's not clear, though. It simply looks darker.

I'm going to have to agree with Jeff here; the original pic was terrible.

Valravn timelapse: Videos | Playlist | Cedar Fair Roller Coaster Construction on Facebook

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I can clearly see the off season.

TwistedWicker77 said:

If you guys couldn't clearly see the paint in the first picture, then I suggest glasses. If you already have glasses, I suggest a stronger prescription.

You don't have to be a dick. I don't see anything in that photo indicating improvement, and I can assure you my vision is just fine.

I did see the new paint in the tower picture, but barely. I got another photo of the backside of the tower where you can see the brighter paint in some places.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

These are the same

Last edited by CoasterGuy15,

Jeff said:

TwistedWicker77 said:

You don't have to be a dick. I don't see anything in that photo indicating improvement, and I can assure you my vision is just fine.

I'm not being a dick. But when someone posts a picture of the contrast between old and new paint that hasn't been posted yet, you insult it. That's kind of dick-ish if you ask me.

There. Is. No. Contrast. If you can't figure out the difference between making that observation and insulting the vision of others, you don't need to post here.

Thabto said:

I did see the new paint in the tower picture, but barely. I got another photo of the backside of the tower where you can see the brighter paint in some places.

None of your photos seem to show up Thabto.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service