Valravn Goes Vertical--Construction Starts

Ripped Tattoo said:

75'-100' ft trees under a 200'ft lift hill, burn them.

The trees around the gate appear to be directly beneath the brake run, which is obviously nowhere close to 200 ft.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Trees may have to be taken out for foundations as well, not just track or supports.

The trees "are too close'' to the second dive platform and break run, oh well, fire wood for the winter, mulch for the spring.

Last edited by Ripped Tattoo,

Valravn brake run being assembled. You can see the transfer block shifted to the left as well.

Last edited by CP Maverick,

So, is that sample track still on display at the preview center? Didn't we all agree that it was the last piece of the brake run before the transfer table? If it is that piece, it should be on the ride now instead of on display.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

According to Tony, it's gone:

https://twitter.com/tonyclarkcp/status/657536259238273024

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Wait, what? What am I going to – get a selfie with on closing weekend?!

They installed it on Wednesday. You may need to jump the fence by Breakers Express if you want a photo with track pieces.

Permission would be ideal.

I realize that I'm saying this before hardly any of the tack and supports have been put into place, but to me it looks like the pathway (midway) is going to be pretty narrow between Valravn and Raptors cobra roll. The renderings show there to be enough space, but the renderings also don't include the necessary fence around the cobra roll element (Around the back side). Also when looking at the webcam, the footer for the base of the life hill looks too close to raptor for there to be the dive coasters wide track, a walkway on both sides of the track, a fence around the base area of the lift hill, the entrance to the ride (what the rendering shows), and then finally a walkway. I can foresee this being a bottleneck area.

I don't doubt that they have planning this out, and I know that my perception from a webcam and renderings is not totally accurate, but I just thought I'd put it out there.

Remember that the vast majority of the foundation is buried underground. Those holes you see dug are not the amount of space needed for track+fence. Plus, the webcam doesn't do a great job with depth, so distances may be more (or less) than they appear.

I know that the majority of the footer area is berried, but even so, the portion of the footers that the supports attaches to is still pretty close in my mind.

It looks, to me, like there is more than 30ft of clear area at the moment. Believe me it's much more room than you are seeing there.

HeyIsntThatRob? said:

Wait, what? What am I going to – get a selfie with on closing weekend?!

FYI, they just placed a new track piece in the preview center.

Looks like they are putting a different piece out for display now, according to the webcam.

Edit: Dang CP Maverick, you beat me!

Last edited by codeGR,

Wouldn't be surprised to see the trees coming down in the next couple of days.

(Sorry tree lovers)

New Valravn track appears to be the first out of the station.

I would expect the first out of the station piece to be curved at least a little since it goes straight into a turnaround into the lift. This piece looks straight.

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Lead in to the brakes is my next option. Based on the track connectors and support connection, it doesn't appear to fit anywhere else.

So I'm curious to see what prizes people have own at the Valravn preview center vending machine. I got a free poster and a free admission ticket for 2016. I was very happy with that. The kid in front of me only got a 20% and a free coke.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I'd love to say I got anything, but I haven't waited in line for it. I don't even remember my instagram login.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service