Valravn Goes Vertical--Construction Starts

Pics confirmed the other day, posting the PointCast Minute just released a few minutes ago:

Also...WHAT IS THE MUSIC...Still trying to figure it out haha. I need that, and the whistle lol

Last edited by thedevariouseffect,

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

*cue whistle from the history of rollercoasters video*

The track they added today looks to be the station track. Am I correct?

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Most likely, based on the location. I haven't seen images yet.

That's fixed track (not transfer) right near where transfer/station should be, so, yep. They're starting with the station track so that the station can be built around it while ride construction moves on. :)

See also:

(Photo source: Tony Clark via Twitter)

Last edited by topthrilldragster4lyf,

Thanks. Yes that definitely looks like station. There are only kicker wheels and the track is level.

Just curious, I'm assuming the craters in the ground are necessary for footers and mechanics for the lift hill?

Utilities... Site prep... Footers... So many things could explain the digging.

That large one sitting basically where the Goodtime stage was located is probably all foundation for the lift since it seems to be right about where the top of the lift hill will be just before the track turns for the dive.

And the other one across the midway is likely for the base of the lift.

See also: GateKeeper's lift base. There's a large footer right there and the lift comes out at an angle.

(Photo source: Cedar Point C/O WKYC)

Last edited by topthrilldragster4lyf,

99er said:

That large one sitting basically where the Goodtime stage was located is probably all foundation for the lift since it seems to be right about where the top of the lift hill will be just before the track turns for the dive.

Are you talking about the one they just dug across from the Cedars? That foundation will have footers for the lift, midcourse, and final turn into the brakes. Remember that nearly all the footers you see are part of a larger foundation "pad" so-to-speak that is hidden under grass. So these large foundations (nearly 50ft wide, in some cases) are actually going to be all over under this ride. This helps spread the load over a larger area to prevent rides from sinking, like Magnum....

That is the one I am talking about, the only one I can see in the picture.

Copper and dark blue compliments Rougarou, this will be a fine addition to the park.

Ripped Tattoo said:

Copper and dark blue compliments Rougarou

compliment - verb |ˈkämpləˌment | [ with obj. ]

politely congratulate or praise (someone) for something: he complimented Erica on her appearance.

complement - verb |ˈkämpləmənt| [ with obj. ]

add to (something) in a way that enhances or improves it; make perfect: a classic blazer complements a look that's stylish or casual.
add to or make complete: the proposals complement the incentives already available.

The new says hallow to the old, a complement.

She's growing up so fast! #Valravn

-- Tony Clark on Twitter

They are working on the transfer table today. I have a feeling track will progress in both directions from the station. They have foundations going in at the base of the lift, the end of the brakes, and the top of the lift, with very little work being done on the old Goodtime/Dodgems location. In 3 more weeks, they can start tearing up the Marina entrance. It appears there are a few footings in place next to the Cadillac cars for the base of the turn after the Immelman.

I love the trees along the marina gate. I hope they live too see 2016.

Ugh, highly doubt it. They are in line with the path of the coaster.

75'-100' ft trees under a 200'ft lift hill, burn them.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service