Raptor and TTD paint

And that is when they decided a launched lift hill on Millennium was not safe and to save it for Maverick.

The green train is a long running joke. It's supposedly on the bottom of Lake Erie.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Has the painting on Raptor started yet? I saw one fan page show some new Dragster paint on the bottom.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Am I the only one who thinks that a green train would look really ugly on mf?

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

Probably, because most everyone else considers it a joke that's over a decade old.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I hope they post videos on their Youtube channel about the process while painting. I'd assume Raptor would be pretty much the same as Rougarou, but I'm curious to see how they get some sections on Dragster.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

CoasterKyle1121 said:
I'm curious to see how they get some sections on Dragster.

Probably the same way they put those sections together?

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

For those interested, Raptor's cobra roll is currently being power washed on cam 1.

^^It is very unlikely that TTD will be painted using similar methods that the ride was assembled. There are not many cranes tall enough in the country, and the few that exist cost in the neighborhood of a thousand dollars a day to rent. It is more likely that the painters will use work baskets hanging from higher parts the tower. The elevator will get plenty of use.

Massive cranes are needed during construction because there is no existing structure to work down from. Top Thrill Dragster is already assembled, that's what they're painting, so there is potential to attach to the structure in some manner. I wonder if they'll end up using some custom rigging. With window washing on skyscrapers, it's relatively simple to hang a basket off the roof. TTD's structure is a lot more complicated.

It'll be interesting to see how they pull this one off. The lower structure can easily use ladders and smaller lifts, but the tower..

All I know is that I would not want to be one of those painters on TTD...

I would. Except for the issue of that I do not like to paint. However climbing around on towers would be a dream job for me. That is until the first day that work needs to be done and it is below freezing out.

I'm pretty sure they won't be painting during the winter. They will mostly be painting during the fall and start again in March or April.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I was referring to other sorts of winter tower maintenance, as no one would ever hire me to paint anything.

No one could pay me enough to climb around on that tower. I've seen some of the steeplejacks replace light bulbs on radio station towers, crazy stuff and painting TTD will be just as crazy.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I'm not so sure about that Pete. It might be up there, but every man has his price.

Well, I've already done construction work in high places and I'm the head painter where I work. Just give me the paint, a roller and I'm all set. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

People can summit the peak of K2, TTD is a jungle gym for any mountaineer.

But can a mountaineer paint is the question. ;)

Last edited by Gatekeeper2013,

Anyone see some of these pics yet?

https://baynumpainting.wordpress.com

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service