Cedar Point new security checkpoint

Most thugs couldn't even afford to get through the gates and don't even have a car to get there.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Having your restraints checked doesn't make you feel like a criminal. Checking your restraints confirms that he park's equipment is functioning properly.

Cedar Point should really re-think letting some contracted-out mall cop goons from being the first humans that guests come into contact with as they enter the park. It sets a very poor tone from the outset. If they want to do security theater, at least have it be Cedar Point employees. Let me get my wanding from peanuts characters or something. Just do it right and not make me feel like I am some punk trying to get into a rock concert or aboard a plane.

We wanted to get back into the park to catch the "Call of the Scare" after leaving to eat at Quaker Steak Saturday evening, only to arrive back to find a 10-15 minute line for security theater at the Magnum gate. Missed what we were trying to get in there for by two minutes. :(

Then I got further irritated when they wanded my six year old and the woman actually separated me from the stroller I was pushing with our 10 month old in it and pushed it a few feet away so she could get me into proper wanding position.

And to top it all off, the stupid wands are beeping left and right because people sometimes keep phones/keys in their pockets, have belts, etc. This mess is certainly serving little, if any actual purpose.

-Matt

Weird, when I got wanded Friday night I had change in one pocket, car keys, a phone and a belt on. Before I could even remove the stuff from my pockets I had already been wanded and it didn't beep once. Complete with him telling me to "Ride on dude" and the other Tenable guy swinging the scanner around like a baseball bat waiting for people to come up to get scanned, it was quite a scene. I did see on the contraband table though that they had successfully prevented three water bottles from illegally being consumed in the park. It certainly made me feel safer.

-Tyler A-

MDOmnis said:

And to top it all off, the stupid wands are beeping left and right because people sometimes keep phones/keys in their pockets, have belts, etc. This mess is certainly serving little, if any actual purpose.

That's why you're expected to empty all your pockets, displaying to the world everything you have on you.. Seems secure.

We went to the point on Friday, Sept. 18th. Got to the main gate around 5:30. There was a line that moved very fast. We were greeted with a friendly "hi", wanded front and back (didn't have to extend our arms), and told, "thank you, have a nice evening." Couldn't help but notice a lady at the table was greeted with "hi, may I look in your purse?" The purse was opened she just looked in and told her "thank you, have fun." Nothing to complain about there.

There were no security checkpoints yesterday.

Brian

Yeah, they only seem to do the security theater on Friday and Saturday.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I would definitely contact management about being separated from your stroller. There would be no way they would've touched our stroller when my daughter was in one.

Bluestreaker said:

Nothing to complain about there.

True. Well, you know, other than the fact that paying customers were inconvenienced for absolutely no good reason.

Brandon

MDOmnis said:

Then I got further irritated when they wanded my six year old and the woman actually separated me from the stroller I was pushing with our 10 month old in it and pushed it a few feet away so she could get me into proper wanding position.

I'm not one to play the "I know people" card at theme parks, but in that situation I would have immediately called someone and ranted a great deal.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Top_Thrill_Tyler said:
I did see on the contraband table though that they had successfully prevented three water bottles from illegally being consumed in the park. It certainly made me feel safer.

Interesting, because the FAQ section on the website states that individual, unopened water bottles may be brought into the park.

We went Friday and entered through the main gate around 6pm. Got a very quick, sort of "don't feel like doing this but I have to" front only wanding. They didn't ask me to empty my bulging pockets.

Same here. Got to the park Friday around 6 and my group got the fast don't really feel like doing it wanding at the front gate. Saturday, we arrived about 11am. No security up front. However, after we left and came back in later in the afternoon, we got to go through the security theater out front, however, they were just waiving a wand here or there at random. The thing didn't go off over my olympus camera, phone, keys, and pocket change...

We messed with them later in the night, probably around 830. After coming back from a quick stop back out at the car, we all split into different people wanding and made the "beep beep" noise as they wanded us. They were slightly amused ( ̄ー ̄)

Tonight I encountered one of these bull**** checkpoints. They wanded me and asked if it was my keys or wallet in my pockets and asked to take my wallet out of my pocket. I will be writing to the park about this.

Brian

Thabto said:

Tonight I encountered one of these bull**** checkpoints. They wanded me and asked if it was my keys or wallet in my pockets and asked to take my wallet out of my pocket. I will be writing to the park about this.

Boo hoo... I will be sending you a box of tampons.

If you want to be patted down and wanded, go right on ahead. I hate this crap and will let the park know my opinion of it.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

from elliott.org

The visible part of TSA at the airports is mostly theater, designed to make passengers feel safer. TSA airport screeners have never apprehended a terrorist, discovered a bomb, or uncovered any other real threat.

And that's the TSA, that receives billions of taxpayer dollars. Security checkpoints don't keep us safe. Security checkpoints at amusement parks, manned by low-paid, security-costumed, outsourced staffers don't keep us safe.

It's Security Theater.

Last edited by noggin,

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

This is making me kind of chuckle this morning because honestly I think I'm more likely to get assaulted at work than at Cedar Point and I work at an elementary school.

Sad but true.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

We checked in at 2 on Saturday and went in by Windseeker. No checkpoint. Around 5 we went back to our room to drop some prizes from the arcade and they were harassing someone who was trying to enter. He was telling them he'd walked out of the park with whatever he wasn't allowed to have in the park. From the items he had in his hands it looked as if the problem might have been his vaporizer. Anyways they was there each time we went back into the park. Not a real problem with us because we didn't have a whole lot on us. But then on Sunday morning for early entry they wasn't there. I don't get it. Do people that bring weapons into the park only do it after 2? I don't mind that the park went to metal detection at the entrances. But if they aren't there at all times it must not be an issue. Now reading this thread and seeing that they are outsourced makes me wonder if they picked a good company to provide this service. If it's not being done during all hours of operation.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service