What is your favorite haunt?

In actuality, Disney used those characters because they were not specifically "owned" by anyone as they had existed long before copyright laws. This was part of the success they had, in using "age-old" characters in new stories, and doing it well. So, while their specific version is copyrighted, the character itself is not.

Slaughterhouse was awesome. We were one of the first 20 or so people to go through.The screamsters were talking more than popping out, but they really worked with the environment well - maybe better than the normal "pop out all the time" type. The props are very gory - but that's the theme, and they did a great job. There's some more unique features, but I'm not going to go into them - you should be surprised.

Feary Tales, on the other hand, was not that good. My friend described it as "CarnEvil without the props." And it was - it had a few cardboard houses, the typical fog machines, and not much else. I feel like it needs a bit more work. It seemed very sparse to me.

For the last few years That zone has been this. 70 percent of the screamsters stand on either end of the scare zones trying to scare people on the midway and practically no one inside.

I really want to see NO ONE visible from the midway. If you had everyone inside the zone it would be so intense!!!

argues just for clicks

Well I'm at least happy to see the clowns are still hanging around the Point on the midways. I thought those were always some of the best screamsters and I loved their designs. But yeah, I've seen many internet photos of them on the Gemini Midway by Pipe Scream. Maybe they're doing this to emphathise the "haunt section" of the part more? That's probably why they removed Fear Faire, the only scare zone from the front of the park. From the Haunted Houses, at the front, youngsters probably won't get scared becauss there's really nobody walking around the outside.

Last edited by MagnumForce14,

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

I thought Carnevil was the best scare zone Cedar Point had. I was extremely disappointed with Fear-y Tales because it seemed quite bland and really had no thought put into it. Slaughterhouse was pretty good, but it was funnier than it was scary. Eerie Estate is still my favorite haunt because of the detail and atmosphere it posses.

Was not impressed with Slaughterhouse at all. Good detail but that was it. The screamsters were boring. There wasn't many inside either. Friday night you could tell it was opening night. Not many screamsters around and very few screams in the park. Went with some friends who have never been to Halloweekends and they weren't impressed either. You can't scare someone by just coming up and saying "hello" close to someone's ear. You are better off going to Ghostly Manor if you want to get scared.

Ride-on

The first Friday is always bad for haunts. They are still hiring and haven't developed characters yet.

I went yesterday, and I'll say that I totally disagree with you, Rippin. Not only did Slaughterhouse have the shortest wait of the 4 Haunts I went to, it was in my eyes the best. The theming was pretty clever, passing through the "Road Kill Buffet" where I was greeted by a bloody waitress asking to seat me for "dinner". As I was queuing, a butcher was roaming the queues interacting with people. The trailers outside the building were also a good way to break up the queue. The person explaining rules at the door was also entertaining. My favorite part was the "meat grinder" where you had to go through a inflatable passage way and feel your way to the next room. I do have to say though, that the route was a bit confusing. There were some CP staff in there guiding people through the course when it got confusing and people got lost.

I have to say I was least impressed with Eden Musee. The two gentlemen greeting guests before entering were entertaining, but there was no one really jumping out at you or anything.

For those of you complaining about Fear-y Tales, it isn't set-up completely. From what I was told by some Screamsters, it was a last minute set-up. Costumes weren't completed until 3 hours prior to their dress rehearsal. I'm sure this coming weekend will be set-up better. I'm glad to hear that Slaughterhouse was designed well and was a good house. I went to CP on Friday, but the line for Slaughterhouse was ridiculous and I didn't want to wait. I went thru all houses, except Slaughterhouse, and will have to say that I never plan on going thru Hexed again. Last year it seemed very dull and this year seemed worse. Yes, I understand that it was the first night when I went, but it doesn't do anything for me. I'd also have to say that Blood on the Bayou was the worst zone. Too many Screamsters standing in the middle of the path and just looking at you. Here's to hoping that things get better!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!

Former Screamster
'08 Terror Island
'09-'10 Fright Zone

"My favorite part was the "meat grinder" where you had to go through a inflatable passage way and feel your way to the next room. "

So THAT'S what that was supposed to be! I was calling it the inflatable "butt" all night. My favorite quote of the night came from Slaughterhouse: "Don't touch the meat, and the meat won't touch you".

Yeah, haha. That's what the screamsters called it. I would probably have called it that too if they didn't tell us otherwise

Thanks Rippin!

Jayme
ghostlymanor.com Sandusky, OH

Like I said. The detail inside Slaughterhouse was good but that was it. Screamsters weren't really frightening anyone. The trailers outside of the building should have been lit from the inside with someone in it making noises.

I don't normally knock CP for anything but I was not impressed for the opening of Halloweekends this year.

Bring back the Overlord!

Jayme you're welcome.

Ride-on

My favorite was Fear Faerie. It really wasn't that scary, but it always made me nervous because the walk through seemed so open. Like I didn't know where I was going. It sucks that it was removed.

It took me 10 years to finally create a Pointbuzz account..........

Fear-y Tales seems pretty under-cooked at this point. While CarnEVIL had been around for some time it was a least a somewhat immersive environment with banners over the entrances, the carnival barkers, tents, and other decorations throughout. Fear-y Tales really doesn't have much beyond the few flats and the rather neat looking open book sign near the northern entrance. I'm sure the Screamsters will do what they can, but right now they don't have a lot to work with.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

I went through Fear-y Tales the first weekend and again this past weekend. There is very little going on. It improved from a 0 of 10 to a 1 of 10 the second week. Not worth going out of your way for. The set up seems like something you'd find put up by some community group fundraising event.

Made it through the park this past Friday and Saturday. Fear-y Tales was very lack luster and the screamsters were just "eh". CarnEvil was better all around.

I was impressed with the gore level and detail in slaughterhouse, but, the screamsters were just so so.

My groups favorite "haunt" for this past weekend was Cornstalkers, although Cut Throat Cove is a close second.

It was my first time through Cornstalkers after 3 years of attending Halloweekends. I could never get anyone to go through with me during previous trips. Music from the "ritual scene" in Eyes Wide Shut plays in part of the maze, very creepy and instantly made my ears perk up. It genuinely freaked out one of the people in my group also.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service