Halloweekends site to be up soon?

Found this today: https://www.cedarpoint.com/haunt/tickets-offers

Looks preliminary - all links lead back to CP main site.

Any idea what the Weekend Pass entails, exactly? Clicking "buy now" just leads to "no packages found" on the site. We usually make the trek from Baltimore during Halloweekends, and I feel like this isn't an option I've seen before.

When I clicked on "buy now" it went to King's Island.

That website has been up for a while. Clearly last year information.

doh!

I have to say I am not a fan of HAUNT being put in big letters and Halloweekends smaller. I was hoping to avoid the name they seem to be pushing across the chain. That said, I guess two names is closer to the norm for them now (Scarowinds and Knotts Scary Farm are used in addition to the Haunt).

I've noticed this year that Knott's seems to be sticking with the name Knott's Scary Farm without any real use of the Haunt name on the website at least. Perhaps Knott's wants their event to be distinct within the chain.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

Original link posted now just redirects to Cedar Point's home page.

I was really expecting a Hallo-weekends announcement and the big reveal of the web site with the Coaster announcement today. I hope they release the information soon as the event begins in a little over 2 weeks.

I mean the ticket information is up already. I'd imagine early next week.

Two things that will be new is a new haunt called Slaughterhouse and a new beer for Halloweekends from the Brew Kettle called Slaughterhouse Red Irish Ale.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

This looks like the website to me:

https://www.cedarpoint.com/haunt

So CarnEvil isn't returning, and is being replaced by Fear-Y Tales. Interesting theme

That is still an awful layout for a website.

At least it's responsive and mobile friendly, unlike the parks website. With that and the Valravn website being responsive, I think a new park website will come in the off-season.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I'm not sure thats a good trade off. Maybe its just me but it looks really bad and just doesn't do it for me. It has the look of some local haunt who's website is designed by someone who just took their first design class.

Looks like more rides are open on Friday nights than previous years

On Friday nights, the following attractions are NOT open:

Antique Cars
Camp Snoopy
Cedar Creek Mine Ride
Cedar Point & Lake Erie Railroad
Corkscrew
Gemini
Giant Wheel
Sky Ride
Super Himalaya
Troika
Witches' Wheel

Last edited by JW Addington,

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

99er said:

That is still an awful layout for a website.

A website that is only available for view about 2.5 months of the year before its completely redone for the next year. All I am saying is that I wouldn't be concerned with making a stunning website when very few people will probably look at it to begin with in a short time frame.

Then why have a website at all? Just because it isn't used 365 days of the year doesn't mean it shouldn't be the best you can produce.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service