Cedar Point new security checkpoint

topthrilldragster4lyf said:

I had a couple of eyeglass wipes that I left behind in a pocket at Kings Island. The slight bit of foil in the lining of the wrapper was enough to set off the wand.

So, yeah, depending on their sensitivity setting, you have to take everything out of your pockets to make sure you don't miss anything. Blech.

Worse yet, I can only imagine having to empty not only our pockets, but also everything in our kid's stroller.

Brandon

^^ Absolutely, Security Theater! What a way to live.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

At least they'll know when I'm trying to keep my glasses clean. :)

Excuse me! I paid for the VIP Security Theater experience! Where is my red carpet and personal wand valet?

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

It's in the Guest Services office at the main gate. :)

I wonder if they're going to do this for Soak City too? Then they can rummage through my beach bag past my extra undies. I'm heading to the park tonight. If I have to empty my pockets then I guess security will get to know more than they really wanted to about me because of what I'm carrying in them this week...I can see us arguing about my bottle of Powerade and that no outside blah blah blah policy...I bet this is going to be so much fun.

Powerade? Well, so long as it's not a bottle of Haterade...

Actually I prefer the Gatorade flavors but they don't make sugar free.

Be sure to bring your doctor's note for the Gatorade, Paisley.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Yeah, all the required paper work just like for my kid to take his inhaler to school. Maybe if I empty the pocket with the tampons first they won't be as excited to get in the other one ;)

That's a good strategy and will show them, ha! Bring out all "unmentionables".

I'd really like to know if there is a new threat, like it was mentioned the last time they did this a couple weeks ago. If not, if this is really more security theater like our schools are now doing, then I am very disappointed Cedar Point has adopted this mentality.

If they are doing this as standard entering procedure I will bet Raptor will have its new fence and more signage.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Let me know how that strategy works out for you. I may just adopt that one...

Brandon

CP website is down right now. Maybe they should get some online security guards.

Somebody called Cedar Point in broken English and said they were Microsoft and their computer was hacked, we'll fix it for you.

Last edited by 3snoH un=l,

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Paisley said:

Actually I prefer the Gatorade flavors but they don't make sugar free.

True, but they do make G2 and that's not all that sugary. Again, though - it's best to stick with Zero if you need to control sugar intake, so there's that.

3snoH un=l said:

Somebody called Cedar Point in broken English and said they were Microsoft and their computer was hacked, we'll fix it for you.

Ha Ha I got that last month and the more questions I asked the more irritated they got and finally hung up on me.

My favorite is to lead them on like I'm really stupid and not tech savvy, until it's finally revealed that I'm using a Mac.

I've played with them a couple times, too, before hanging up, said I didn't own a computer and also when they said my Windows was hacked, I said I had a Mac. I don't have caller ID on our landline and I try not to answer weird calls on my cell but did a couple times off guard.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

I kept asking them which computer and they couldn't tell me. They finally come up with "the one you use the most". Yeah right if my computer is talking to you shouldn't you be able to come up with something better than that or getting flustered and blurting out "your laptop" and so I ask once again which one? And they don't like being asked whet the nature of the threat is either.

I know it seems absolutely preposterous that anyone would fall for any of that crap, but I do worry about my dad answering these calls. Usually, I can't get him to answer the phone if he is the only one at home. But I have told him many times about these calls and credit cards, etc., I've seen him hang up on solicitors but you never know because he had gotten his computer so infected a couple years ago it actually screamed at my husband when he tried to clean it up. Can't find his old Windows disc to reinstall everything. Now my dad doesn't even use it anymore. But I knew my dad's judgment was going downhill when he came to me in the next room, "If you had a choice between an Apple I-pad or a Walmart gift card, which one would you pick?" I'm like, "Dad! Don't click on that stuff!" etc.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service