Gatekeeper restraints 2014

Rode it Monday, and I couldn't wait to get out of that tight thing! I knew leaving the station I would have to ride it with my hands between the restraint and my chest or I wouldn't be able to breathe at the end of the ride.

It's getting bad again.

It's funny because everyone says how they wish Rougarou, Raptor or the new dive coaster all had vest restraints.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I've never had a problem with any vest restraints and I've been on 4 coasters that have them. All I can think about when I'm in them is how comfortable I am. They are a little tight fitting but nothing for me to complain about. Maybe it depends on the body type. I'm about 6ft 2in.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

The original version that continued to ratchet tighter wasn't very comfortable. After a half-dozen laps on Wild Eagle the first year, I didn't care for it. When they fixed it on GateKeeper, much improved, and reasonably comfortable on Banshee and Thunderbird as well.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

They really hurt my hips when I rode it for the first time last year. Maybe it's because I'm really slender, or I was nervous to the point that I tried to pull the restraint down as far as it would go, or both, I don't know. I just started feeling pain right around the first zero-G roll, and it was torture waiting to get that thing off me.

I rode Raptor shortly afterwards, and those restraints were more comfortable to me.

I still try to stick my stomach out as much as possible when they fasten the restraints on Gatekeeper. Really, you don't need to have that vest tight, a little bit of gap is so much more comfortable and there is no chance of falling out with some breathing room. I really don't think there is a need to staple someone in with a restraint like that. I did notice last time I rode it seemed to tighten up some again, and was also glad to get off.

Last edited by 3snoH un=l,

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

I've always enjoyed Gatekeeper and rode it twice in the early season and the vest seemed to get tighter both times. I couldn't wait for the ride to be over. I haven't ridden since and with what I've been reading doesn't sound like I'll be riding it again this season.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service