Roller Coaster History Timeline Added to Construction Fence

! said:

CoasterCam said:

..I think [Wicked Twister] is the tallest impulse coaster.

Isn't WT the tallest/fastest inverted coaster as well?

Yes it is.

But the thing that upsets me, is that the towers are 215ft. tall, but the train twists just as high as Possessed or Steel Venom on the front tower. I have come to the conclusion that WT has been tamed down even more these past couple seasons.

CodeGR- Heck yeah, why not some strange hybrid?

New for 2016 at CP-

Gemiscreamingmaverickmining-Wickedkeepingdragsterdragon-Magnumforcing-Corkscrougarooing-MotherofaBlueStreak XXL!!

Just a thought (as I chuckle here)...

Really though, I'm enjoying watching and waiting to see what will become. Just as long as CP protects it's legacy. and is around for many more generations to enjoy, I'm cool with whatever.

I would not put money on an RMC coaster. Coaster101.com has an article about RMC job postings for surveyors in CA, KY, and TN. The first job would be in Pigeon Forge TN, but all three projects will be starting soon. Ohio was not mentioned in the job description.

I feel like CP would iron horse Mean Streak before getting a brand new coaster from RMC. It does look like RMC is pretty tied up elsewhere for 2016 however, so we will have to wait at least another year or two.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

You know what hasn't been mentioned on here? A water coaster like what Holiday World has. Yes you guys heard me say it! A water coaster! I keep hearing rumors once in a while that Challenge Golf might be retired in the future. If that happens, you have plenty of room to build a good sized water coaster to weave in out of Soak City. If not there, you could always move Rip Cord and that other ride over where Challenge Golf was and have the water coaster go in front of the Soak City parking lot. What do you guys think?

After visiting Holiday World this past Sunday and Monday, I will say that while they were good rides, I wasn't overly impressed. I liked Mammoth more than Wildebeast, but neither were worth their crazy wait times. Although I've never been much of a waterpark person. They were both enjoyable though.

2018- Raptor

Raptor Ravenous said:

The informational blurb on the fence pretty much puts it on a plate and spoon feeds it to you.

You write this as if there's anyone who hasn't yet figured out that "a new coaster" is coming. The point is, saying "a new coaster" is coming to CP is like saying McDonald's is going to be coming out with "a new hamburger." Take KI for example, they touted Banshee from day one of the previous season and ramped it up throughout the year, adding new teases and hints as to what it was. They didn't merely allude to "a new coaster," they dropped lots of hints as to the entire theme and really got people pumped.

Same company, two different marketing departments, one good and one less so.

You're assuming that both parks want to drop hints and market to people in the same way. Flawed assumption. One park is a regional day park and the other is a super regional destination park. Same company, different marketing goals. To say CP marketing is "less so" is a pretty simplistic and uninformed assumption.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Is it too much to ask Cedar Point to just take one off season and just plant a bunch of trees, all over the peninsula, anywhere where there's even a remote spot? It's one thing that has been really lacking at Cedar Point, especially since the addition of Maverick. I remember before that, they would only remove trees that were directly in the way, but with Maverick and everything after, they've pretty much cleared the entire site of anything remotely green, and planted some baby 'shrubs' to fill in spots.

Last edited by CPGuru,

I didn't assume that. I simply stated the fact that one park managed to build up excitement throughout the year, and her sister park has barely started that dynamic. To call CP's marketing dept inferior is an opinion that you're welcome to disagree with. Now, I did base my thoughts on the idea that CP gives a hoot about theme and the marketing thereof. That's the flawed assumption if there ever was one.

Maybe Cedar Point's marketing team is going with a different dynamic for whatever new ride/attraction/ water coaster/warehouse/expanse of grass is coming for 2016.

To conclude that Cedar Point's marketing department is "less so" because their 2016 marketing plan doesn't follow in the footsteps of that of a different park, catering to a different audience, with a different product, in a (largely) different media market -- I just find that hard to agree with.

Last edited by noggin,

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

CPGuru said:

Is it too much to ask Cedar Point to just take one off season and just plant a bunch of trees, all over the peninsula, anywhere where there's even a remote spot? It's one thing that has been really lacking at Cedar Point, especially since the addition of Maverick. I remember before that, they would only remove trees that were directly in the way, but with Maverick and everything after, they've pretty much cleared the entire site of anything remotely green, and planted some baby 'shrubs' to fill in spots.

I hardly think they need to take a season off to plant trees. There's no reason they can't be doing that and prepping for something big. And if they do ever realize that a little more trees mixed in with the sea of concrete is a good thing how about something other than the Honey Locusts. I swear that's all they ever plant. I get that the teeny, tiny leaves are easy clean up but here's an idea...Cedars don't drop their leaves and it is Cedar Point...

I really don't see CP having a lack of trees problem...there are plenty of trees in the park and there are many photos out there that show it. Maybe less towards the front of the park than the back, but I don't think it is anything to worry about. Can they and plant new trees? Absolutely. Are there some area where they should. Sure.

2018- Raptor

Has anyone been able to confirm or deny the rumors of footers that were poured in the fenced-off area?

Thats what I'm wondering. I'm not going to the park until Friday so if it isn't confirmed by then I'll take a look at it.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Paisley said:

I hardly think they need to take a season off to plant trees. There's no reason they can't be doing that and prepping for something big. And if they do ever realize that a little more trees mixed in with the sea of concrete is a good thing how about something other than the Honey Locusts. I swear that's all they ever plant. I get that the teeny, tiny leaves are easy clean up but here's an idea...Cedars don't drop their leaves and it is Cedar Point...

No more Cottonwood trees either please. :)

TTD6262 said:

Has anyone been able to confirm or deny the rumors of footers that were poured in the fenced-off area?

That's not the issue right now. Please, have some respect for the trees. Won't somebody think of the trees!?

Definitely a marketing fail for CP to not have a more aggressive teasing campaign for 2016 yet. We all know that building excitement amongst enthusiasts by placing sound effects at the fence line would bring a massive profit windfall for the park. They're leaving millions on the table by not doing so.

I truly think the time line is interesting. Maybe once the time line is filled, the desired sound effects will happen and there will be good hints dropped until the announcement in August.

JUnderhill said:

We all know that building excitement amongst enthusiasts by placing sound effects at the fence line would bring a massive profit windfall for the park.

Don't forget placing fog machines behind the fence!

-Tyler A-

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service