What ride absolutley terrifies you?

Before they changed it, Snoopy Bounce. I find inflatables in general to be pretty terrifying.

Apparently someone at Cedar Fair did, too, so the attraction was changed from a giant inflatable poised to go sailing down the midway to a rigid structure with a bounce cushion inside.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Maybe, but I've always thought it's much more likely kids to get injured by cracking their skulls together than for a bounce house to go sailing. I am absolutely not in favor of getting rid of it, but with the ultra-conservative safety CF promotes (and the weird dichotomy that exists between say them and Disney World), I'm surprised it's still there.

I concur with respect to Windseeker. It always makes me the most nervous, particularly the inside seat. And it doesn't help if you look up the tower as you go up. I find the CP Windseeker to be more tense than the one at Carowinds. On the latter, when at the top of the tower, the operator announces "You are at 300ft. Let me hear you make some noise."

Would crying count as an appropriate noise?

I believe so. What they ought to do is reverse the spinning once you are at the top.

^ I think I would **** myself.

I absolutely hate the Wave Swinger. I feel like one of the chains will break or the little bar will slip off.

^ Now just put that up in the sky 200+ feat and you have the Six Flag SkyScreamers.

Let's be thankful Cedar Fair went with Mondial and didn't opt for the 400ft StarFlyer.

You would never get me on even a 100ft Star Flyer. Those things freak me out. Wind Seeker gives a nice sense of security when riding that allows me to enjoy the ride.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I've ridden the Windseekers at Cedar Point and Carowinds. They make me nervous. Rationally, I know the ride is safe and I'll be fine. But there's that voice in my brain whispering "the chain's gonna break.... the ride's gonna stop while you're at the top...."

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Not located at Point but portable Larson Loops freak me out, as well as 400ft Star Flyers.

rider16017 said:

I absolutely hate the Wave Swinger. I feel like one of the chains will break or the little bar will slip off.

I also hate that thing with a passion. I've always hated them even at other parks. Wave Swinger is why I won't ride Wind Seeker. If I can't handle the baby version the same thing a couple hundred feet in the air is just an anxiety attack waiting to happen. No thank you, I'll pass.

Doesn't stop me from riding it but Windseeker. Same thing with star flyers. But falcons fury I was pretty ok with..

This season - CP visits: 9 KI visits: 2 Total Rides: 217

I have a hard time with Wave Swinger. I think I am bigger than I used to be and I feel like I will fall out of it. I would not do well on any Sky Screamer.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Windseeker... but I think that is because of the unreliability it has demonstrated. I do think the evac would be interesting as hell though.

Power Tower... the drop side really skeeves me. I enjoy it but yeah I'm thinking too much while on it.

Dragster is a funny one. What is so intriguing to me is that I find myself thinking about the launch, which is the shortest element of the ride. 2 seconds and its over, or that's what she said. But you gear yourself up to be launched to 120 mph and it's over, and then you relax for a split second, and then realize you are about to go rocketing up and down 420 ft at a 90 degree angle... what a rush.

But the ride that scares me the most is Jr. Gemini (I still call the baseball stadium in Cleveland Jacob's Field so deal with it). I haven't been on that in over 30 years, and I'm afraid I'm gonna get turned away if I try to ride it, or get to meet Chris Hansen and be subjected to an "interview".

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

I am terrified on Iron Dragon, I always am fearful that the lift-hill chain will snap. Another one is Raptor, those gates always appear as though they will shut right as I attempt to pass through. Whenever I ride Skyhawk, I am afraid that a cable may snap loose. My real fear is that I will be stuck at the top of Giant Wheel and have to climb down (like in the movies).

I Love Top Thrill Dragster, but the launch always scares me, but I always get back in line anyway because I love that adrenaline rush it provides.

That, and you can see Shoot The Rapids from the top

^ I wasn't going to say anything this time. ;)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service