Rougareviews

Sometimes the force overcomes any kind of bracing one might do to prevent it. It did on Mantis with me.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Today was the first time that I was able to ride it without having my ears smacked during the second half. I was in the second to last row and had my shoulders pressed forward against the restraints and my head pressed out as far as possible. It sucked some of the joy out of the ride but at least I walked away unscathed.

Is this mist still running at the bottom of the drop?

Considering the significant safety risk it posed, I certainly hope not.

Promoter of fog.

What risk is that? It was running Sunday morning.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Just tongue and cheek nonsense with regards to some recent discussion on why Maverick apparently can't ever gets its fog back in the tunnel due to safety concerns, and pretty much all of page 5 in this thread.

Promoter of fog.

Yes fog is running but it looks like less fog than on media day.

It's funny how there are reports of headbanging on Rougarou. Most of the reviews on here have been positive. Tony Clark asked everyone during Coaster Mania what they thought of Rougarou, and everyone cheered loudly about it. So to me, the majority of people love it, while there are a few that think Ehh. If we are talking percentages, it sounds like a 77% to 23% ratio. That's much higher than what Mantis was getting. ;)

I was always a fan of Mantis but have always been in favor of this conversion due to the lengthy load times.
I rode in the back seat several times a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Went this past weekend and rode the back 2 times and still enjoyed it... but then I thought I would try the front seat. HUGE mistake. While the visual of nearly hitting your feet is pretty cool, the head banging during the second half was uncontrollable. Normally, as on Raptor, I could lean forward and avoid it. Not anymore.
I was very impressed with the dispatch times this past weekend compared to back in May. Trains in the station were being released as the train on the track was hitting the second loop.

I was at the park again yesterday for the 4th time this season. I still can't get enough of Rougarou. I think it's safe to say that it is in my permanent line up of rides to visit when at the park.

I don't tend to experience any head banging whatsoever. The second half of the ride is just as enjoyable as the first half now. I always said (even when Mantis was there) that it is a nice ride to watch. But now, it's nice to watch AND ride.

Last, the stacking is very minimum now that the "gate rule" is no longer in effect. The crew is sending out trains like crazy now. Hats off to them.

EDIT: The only thing that is odd to me, is how the trains set up on the blocks. Train 1 must clear the entire station before train 2 can advance to the station. And train 3 has to wait until train 2 clears that block and is almost parked inside the station. Not to mention, cars 7 and 8 are literally tilted to the side when parked on the last set of brakes if they are all stacked. Even though there is plenty of room between all of the trains. I thought this would have changed during the conversion, but if that's the only thing I have to complain about, then I'd say they did a heck of a job with planning this attraction.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

So rode last Friday. Good ride, better than Mantis. Did experience a little bit of head banging however. The ride seemed a lot more forceful and fast than Mantis which I loved!

What's up with the bins only allowing shoes? Even if you just wanna throw your glasses in your shoes the ride op flips. Little ridiculous?

I never understood things like that. Firehawk crew at KI does the same thing. Who is it hurting, really?

Finally got to ride it yesterday evening, no wait, empty seats, sat in the front, braced myself but still had my head knocked some second half of ride, not as bad as on Mantis, jury is still out with me if it is going to be an issue, will try it again. Bummer they put the same restraints on it. It was fun, the dangling makes the ride feels like an invert to me. My husband thinks he could have touched the rails, he won't but said he could have put his foot out there.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

3snoH un=l said:

My husband thinks he could have touched the rails, he won't but said he could have put his foot out there.

I am guessing he is confusing the floor with the track... Once that floor drops, you won't get close. I am 6'5" with long legs and even if I try, I am still probably 2ft away or more.

I would have expected as such, I really wouldn't think they'd build a ride someone can scrape their shoe on the track. I'll have to clear him up on that next time!

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

I'm really happy with the change since I was really not able to ride Mantis, it always made me feel like I was going to pass out. Not having to stand makes all the difference in the world.

Just got back from our three day trip from Florida. We stayed at Hotel Breakers and were thoroughly impressed. As Disney Passholders and vacation club owners, the hotel certainly is at a Disney level of quality.

I have been excited to ride Rougarou since the September announcement. As a Florida resident I consider myself a seasoned rider on "the Florida B&M coasters" (Kumba, Kraken, Hulk, Sheikra, etc.) I was worried about the transformation with early reports of "head banging".

The ride was fantastic. I do not understand why anyone would complain about any discomfort on the ride. The ride is smooth from beginning to end. I can see where the flat spin/corkscrew would offer some issues, but this is common in virtually every B&M looper. I enjoyed the ride more than Kraken and Dominator and I've been on those coasters more times than Incan count. For those that have never been on Hulk at IOA, that is an example of a painful B&M coaster, and Rougarou doesn't come close.

Loved the ride. My family also loved it, many of whom can by hyper critical of certain rides (Like Maverick).

I'm not sure why, but the coaster is a top five. I think a lot of it is Nostalgia. Hating a ride for so many years, but loving the location and aesthetics of the ride (the swamp, the 1990's, how it towers over Iron Dragon, watching it while waiting in line for TTD and Millennium).

It's cool to now see the same structure but think completely different things about the ride. Wish they would've added more thematic elements, but oh well.

Our park has bright days ahead!

So despite the rain this year, has Rougarou had a full queue yet?

Probably not because it's right up there with Gatekeeper, Raptor, and Magnum in hourly capacity.

-Matt

The longest line I've seen for it so far was 45 minutes to an hour.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service