Rougarou Media Day

I think sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Why do you think that? I mean, is there a reason other than you randomly tossed it out because the ride will be public in 4 weeks.

Typically, the park begins testing rides in mid-end of April. It may be sooner for a new ride, to ensure that it's open and functioning properly on opening day.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

I'm a bit behind on my Cedar Point info this week, but I just checked today and I'm IN for media day. Woot.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

April 4, 2013 Gatekeeper did it's first tests.. They opened the park May 9th for media day, May 11th the park opened for public.

Last edited by EatonJB,

^Yeah, I'd be willing to bet you they have already ran it and just haven't chosen to make it public yet.

Of course, I could be wrong.

I think it'd be cool how the story would unfold if they ran it through and it valleyed consistently.

Computer animation is just too sure of itself nowadays...

Today is a good chance of it valying it, if it ever is going to , Its windy as heck in Detroit, and there is a good chance that it is there too.. But my logic says it wont be an issue, mostly because, if the cars are about the same weight, i can't see why it would have an issue..

But yea, the test run , im sure they ran a few!

I got an email a while ago from Bryan Edwards a while ago saying they were gonna send out media invites soon, but I have not heard from him yet.

Then perhaps that "soon" part wasn't as "soon" as you thought. ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

What's a typical agenda for these media events? What activities are usually available?

Brian

Exclusive waiting time while TV talent gets on and off the ride. :)

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

^^I'm sure it'll be outlined in the emails but one thing to never forget about media days is that they really like when you wear solid "summer" colors. No logos, slogans etc.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I just broke out all my Six Flags swag to wear, I know Tony really enjoys that.

Cedar Point guest since 1974

So do we all believe the ride has been sent around the track?

I would've thought we would've seen at least a photo of the ride out on the circuit, or some social media teasing. Perhaps some components are taking longer than expected?

With media day just a little over 2 weeks away, I think they would've tested it by now. I think they tested it for the first time at least a week ago. They really don't need to tell us. I think the reason for so little info is that they want everyone to experience it for themselves rather than spoil it all before it opens. I've got no doubts that this ride will be phenomenal and it's more than just an old coaster with new trains.

Brian

I think you are overthinking the situation. Also, phenomenal? really?

Why not? The ride has a great layout. Because I personally found the Mantis trains comfortable, it was one of my favorites at CP. With the new trains, many will be able to appreciate the track in comfort.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I don't think that's over enthusiastic either. Despite the abuse to my testicles, I could see Mantis as having an interesting layout. I'm super stoked to ride it.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Thabto said:

They really don't need to tell us. I think the reason for so little info is that they want everyone to experience it for themselves rather than spoil it all before it opens.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but it would certainly go against what we've seen in years past. Usually once the ride is testing, we see pictures, even a video. The years where things seemed quiet around this time was where there was issues (Maverick, Windseeker, Shoot the Rapids) and then later an announcement about a delay in opening. Again, its probably all fine, but I just thought we would have seen a video or picture of the ride testing.

They haven't rescheduled Media Day or the first ride auctions yet, so I think that's a good sign. Rougarou is not an Intamin ride, so I think there will not be any issues. I really don't see any reason why they need to tell us it's testing. The sign is being installed now. Here's a picture from cleveland.com a few days ago.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service