Rougarou Files Episode 4

I'm honestly curious to see the "glimpses of the rougarou" that were mentioned. Could we be getting some cool theming elements in the que? Maybe something for the train as it passes by? Just a thought. I didn't exactly get what they meant by that.

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

Nope. While Jason McClure said that there would be theming, and that "the rougarou" would be seen, he did not mean it.

I'm not judging (much), but I'm always intrigued by the phrasing of "we will get" instead of "they will build."

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

It's ours, Jeff.
It's OURS!

"We will get" goes hand in hand with entitlement.

Just took a nice trip to Chicago from Grand Rapids over the weekend on Amtrak. I was entertained by a group of 20somethings talking for over an hour about all the changes to Cedar Point the last few years. The most memorable part was the anticipation that the Mantis would hopefully come to Michigan's Adventure next year. They could not believe that the Mantis was removed and replaced by a new coaster that you can't stand up on. They said they hoped that the ride would be better than Mantis because that was a GREAT ride. I chuckled and let them talk. It was hilarious. Marketing did a great job. A lot of guests will be clueless that it IS Mantis reincarnated. Fun...

Last edited by Travis Lea,

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

I've had numerous friends say things like "that Roogaroo thing looks a lot like Mantis..." And "wait, Rougarou IS Mantis, isn't it?" The things you hear when you're the CP junkie among your friends

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Clevland.com posted a photo update thats awesome! (point buzz reposted it on Facebook!)

in that we got a first look at rougarous new sign and it looks like they have the scratches and eyes above the station! i can't wait to see more themeing that is going into this ride!

argues just for clicks

FYI: New PointCast Minute on Twitter. He even threw in some sneak peak POV action.

Sadly, he didn't leave the shot on long enough to see if the infamous trim break was active.

Sigh.

He also said that the ride isn't moving yet, then a few seconds later, it showed a POV of the train creating the hill. I'm excited for Rougarou! A much needed revamp of the ride and theme.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Oh, that Tony. He's a schemer.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Rougarou, sponsored by Monster..oh wait it isn't..weird

Last edited by thedevariouseffect,

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Anyone else kind of disappointed with how they reused the makeshift steel looking entrance of Mantis? I never liked it, and them reusing it by just adding banners on it doesn't really fit the theme either. Maybe it's just my picky side :P

What do you mean? The old Mantis entrance since with the steel arch has been replaced with a newer wooden sign. You can see it in the video.

I suppose I mean the station's structure. Simply adding the scratch marks and eyes on it seems kind of last minute and the steal building just doesn't seem to match the new wooden sign outside the coaster. Just my thoughts

I really like it. I will say that the station is always congested more because of the different layout, but I always liked the Mantis station. The main thing I would love to see is relocating the entrance to the queues back on the other side of the train tracks.

CoasterGuy15 said:

I suppose I mean the station's structure. Simply adding the scratch marks and eyes on it seems kind of last minute and the steal building just doesn't seem to match the new wooden sign outside the coaster. Just my thoughts

Maybe everyone should hold judgement until we all actually see the complete ride. Im actually impressed with what Im seeing so far and cant wait to see it next week.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

I always find it humorous when people tell everyone to refrain from judging a ride and then they tell everyone what their opinion of the ride is.

Well, in all fairness, I don't think he was giving his opinion of the ride, but rather his opinion of the construction/development process to this point. I do agree, it's cool seeing things come together like the floor mechanism.

Unfortunately, when it's in a vacuum like this (no word on exactly what the "effects" are, webcams not being pointed, etc.), I think you will have people expecting much more than what it'll actually be.

Right now, I'm thinking it'll be a thrilling ride. Other than that, it will look exactly like a painted Mantis track/station, a new sign, a few minor werewolfy-themed elements (scratches on station, etc.), and a strobe light in a mister. I hope I'm wrong.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service