Rougarou Media Day

Looks like Tony has selected and posted the winning 100 from Winter Chill Out that will attend Rougarou Media Day.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/Winter-Chill-Out-Winners

Cant wait for it.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

I won, but I won't be attending. I'm already going to preview night and staying the whole weekend. Plus I don't feel like waiting around all day and getting a room for another night. Is it possible to give up our spots and let someone else take it? I think they just check to see if you are on the list.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I'm in. I'm excited for this one because it will be smaller. I really enjoy media days, and have been to quite a few since 2000 when Six Flags came to Ohio - I'm so glad I get to participate in this one, too.

edit: Brian, I would go if I were you. I think since this is a much smaller crowd by invite/contest only, it will be less like the previous few media days, and you might find you enjoy yourself a lot.

I don't mean in terms of just rides, either. I don't know what to expect, but there's something cool about media events. I wouldn't compare the GateKeeper and Banshee events to this one. I could be wrong, but I think you'll have a different kind of fun than you will during the rest of the days there.

Last edited by e x i t english,

My brother won and i will be attending as a guest. I would recommend going as well. Even coming from a modest distance, it will be a cool experience and with only ~200 people there should be a lot of riding/hoopla surrounding the morning.

On the opposite note, if you are not going and you can transfer passes, we are a group of 3 and our 3rd person would be sleeping in the car while we were in the parking for the morning as only one guest is allowed in, i would gladly take one of your passes for her.

He's said a hundred times here that he's not going, so I bet he's not going.

It's great that I won. But my issues are getting a room for an additional night and some people that I would take are running low on vacation time from their jobs. And I was carpooling with a few people that weekend, so there's a logistics issue. It's not just that it's too early. I would possibly attend if I was able to work some of those issues out.

Brian

RCMAC said:

He's said a hundred times here that he's not going, so I bet he's not going.

Well I'm not around here that much, so I only saw it once.

Hey Everyone, I won a spot too! I couldn't believe it when I was clocking out and checking my messages that I had won! People were telling me congratulations, and I was like, "for what?" Lol! I'm definitely going, I just cannot post about it on Facebook. My Job told me to use PTO days for reasonable reasons.

Thabto said:

It's great that I won. But my issues are getting a room for an additional night and some people that I would take are running low on vacation time from their jobs. And I was carpooling with a few people that weekend, so there's a logistics issue. It's not just that it's too early. I would possibly attend if I was able to work some of those issues out.

totally understandable, sorry you have to miss, but I'm sure there will be plenty of rides to be had if you're there the whole weekend!

Shawn Meyer said:

My Job told me to use PTO days for reasonable reasons.

Your work doesn't consider being one of the first people to ride Rougarou to be reasonable? UGH!

I was selected as well. I was planning on going to preview night after work, but now I'll be taking Friday as time off from work to attend media morning. Looks like I'll be spending two nights now (instead of one) at my in-laws place which less then a 30 minute drive from the park vs. my hour+ drive from home! OH YEAH !!!!!

Looking forward to a smaller media day crowd, as well. It'll probably be along the lines, size-wise, of the INSANE COASTER WARS shoots for TTD and MF and not like GateKeepers media day.

Shawn Meyer said:

My Job told me to use PTO days for reasonable reasons.

It is 100% none of their business what you use your PTO days for. While it's not illegal, it's a real dickhead move of them to require a reason for your PTO.

I had a boss once who required, in detail, the nature of our PTO requests - it got even worse when he started making us email the team with what was going on. So, you get this email that says "I have to go to the doctor to get a fatty tumor removed, then for a colonoscopy, and bloodwork to check for diabetes. Please don't bother me during these hours..." It was super sketchy and all of us almost left the company because of it. Luckily, he lasted 3 months here.

I had a 180 today! I got some issues resolved that would prevent me from attending this event, so it looks like I'll be attending now. I was a little premature in saying I wasn't going.

Brian

Great, and you got me snark from Mac for no good reason.

Mwahahaha! And if anyone else is unable to attend, I asked Tony on Twitter last night if you could get someone to go in your place, but he said the invitations are non-transferable.

Brian

Thabto said:

I had a 180 today! I got some issues resolved that would prevent me from attending this event, so it looks like I'll be attending now. I was a little premature in saying I wasn't going.

Funny, that was the turnaround for you? I thought you just didn't give a crap about going, because you posted the below thing at least three times.

Thabto said:

What's the big deal about going to the media event? I'm not really interested. I really don't want to be there at 5AM. I can wait a few more hours and just ride it at preview night.

I actually didn't think I would win. But after looking more into it, my opinion on that changed.

Brian

I hope they send out Media invites soon, Less then 30 days and my Editor can be a little slow.

e x i t english said:

Great, and you got me snark from Mac for no good reason.

makes ya feel just a little bit good inside, don't it?

Nah. Mac is kind of a jerk... I mean really nice guy in real life.

When is this ride going to get testing? We are 30 days out now....thought we would hear something...

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service