Tiki Twirl and Bumper Cars Questions

I'm going to have to go with "just you".

Last edited by RCMAC,

No pencils, sorry.

noggin said:
No pencils, sorry.

:(. C'mon guys! You know, they're orange and yellow? And have pink tips on the end! No? Ok...it's just me.

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

I took a good look, I just didn't see it. Er, them.

Something i was just considering. What do you guys think this reconfiguration is going to do for wicked twisters ridership. for me usually when i go to cp wicked twister typically doesn't have a wait (or a very long one). do you guys think that tiki twirl might bring more peoples attentions to WT's entrance?

argues just for clicks

If those huge, yellow twisted spikes up in the air ain't doin it, this just might.

After working Wicked Twister for 3 years, I never understood why the ridership is so low. With the addition of Windseeker and Gatekeeper already in the surrounding area, sadly those rides haven't done poor WT any justice in terms of numbers. I would hate to see WT go due to low popularity. I absolutely love that ride in terms of working and riding.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

Are you working there in 2015? I love Wicked Twister! I always head there before I go to Top Thrill Dragster.

I am working at CP this season, yes. But I will not be operating Wicked Twister this season.

I was noticing tonight that they look to be doing at least some pavement reconstruction greater than just plopping down the new mini-dodgem location. Entirely good of course. I'm curious if they'll be doing anything as meaningful as we saw by Gemini.

NWLB
@NWLB, +NathanBoyle, NathanVerse.com

Wicked Twister's footprint is so tiny that I doubt it's going anywhere, but then again we said the same thing about Demon Drop so who knows. I'm curious to see how much of a comprehensive midway refresh this ultimately winds up being.

I just hope Tiki Twirl doesn't block Wicked Twister's Entrance or exit. That would confuse a lot of guests.

It looks like the exit pathway will be blocked. I wonder if they'll reroute that area and make people exit towards the Giant Wheel.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

That Crazy Dan said:

Wicked Twister's footprint is so tiny that I doubt it's going anywhere, but then again we said the same thing about Demon Drop so who knows. I'm curious to see how much of a comprehensive midway refresh this ultimately winds up being.

Did someone say it is even a possibility of WT going away? Parks don't normally build up a "brand"-ish thing on a whim. They've been officially calling this the Wicked Twister Midway, so I'd think WT is safe for a number of years.

Though I must admit, I'm a little surprised this isn't called the Gatekeeper Midway. Sure the current construction is all around WT, but Gatekeeper seems like the more logical anchor for the entire area.

It was called the Wicked Twister Midway before Gatekeeper was built. Why change the name and confuse people?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I believe you, and you are probably right given the timelines. But, as a frequent flyer of CP, I never once heard it officially called the Wicked Twister Midway before the 2015 Winter Chill Out.

You don't have to confuse people once they get in the park. They are already confused before they get there.

I call it the Upside Down Fun House Midway.

^ You win the site today sir.

Upside Down Fun House - now there is a "ride" that they could bring back. Imagine what they could do with that concept with todays technology.

Cedar Point guest since 1974

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service