Rougarou Pieces?!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/Hey-Thanks?mobile=0
"As pieces arrive for Rougarou (there will be pieces), we'll show you."
Does this mean no trim break? Or a Modification to the track? Well I think you do need new track in the station but who knows?

I'm a Rougarou that doesn't bite, I've been domesticated by Cedar Point

probably pieces for the station, the floor slabs and such

I don't want to be rude, but this topic probably would be better off in the Rougarou files topic in 2015. ;)

What we know:

Lighting (maybe fog)
Trains
Folding loading floor

Likely:
Magnetic brakes (per POV)

Etc. Those are all physical items that would need to arrive for the transformation.

The trim was painted as of closing weekend... I hope they stop using it, though. I can dream, right?

It would be cool if they added a tunnel to one part of the ride.

The facebook page "CPfansite" posted a few hours ago

We could be wrong but, while going up the Iron Dragon's lift hill on Sunday we noticed some missing track pieces near the final brake run and transfer track on Rougarou. Anyone else notice this?

Could they be extending the break run to allow 3 train operation?

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Mantis ran fine with 3 train operation many years back. I don't see why they would need to add to the break run to operate with 3.

Well, seeing as the park has previously told us that the only significant work would be station work... I doubt it.

It would be nice if they would aim the web cams down to the construction. The third one is aimed at Breakers entrance construction.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

They wouldn't need to extend the brake run to add a third train. In fact, 3 train operation should be easily accomplished now that they don't have to deal with morons who don't know how to stand.

Goodbye MrScott

John

There are enough blocks to have two trains outside the station, I do believe. Not sure what benefit you'd get from extending the brake run, other than making the slowdown smoother. Raptor needs to be more like Banshee (though I'll admit Banshee loses a lot more kinetic energy due to the terrain, meaning you approach the brakes slower).

Also, I wonder how much work there is to see on Rougarou at the moment, and even moreso how much work would be visible from the webcams.

Last edited by topthrilldragster4lyf,

Mantis was designed for three train operation and did run with three trains for many years. No modifications are necessary.

By pieces, I bet that means the trains themselves and the parts for the movable floor sections.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I don't know, that seems TOO obvious. ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I would like 3 Trains. If 1 Train breaks down there would be 1 Train running.

Mr. Cedar Point said:
I would like 3 Trains. If 1 Train breaks down there would be 1 Train running.

1 + 1 = 3 ???

There will be 3 trains, and as the ride was originally designed for three (read: blocks), it will use all three simultaneously wherever justified by capacity.

Tony C. said:

"As pieces arrive for Rougarou (there will be pieces), we'll show you."

He kept his word. www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/Happening-Now

Here's some of the first ones. More to come....

I think that will be covered in the next episode of Rougarou Files.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

^ it wasn't. So here's some more via twitter that wasn't shown in the current episode.

https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/564888505701396480/photo/1

Last edited by CPfan1976,

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service