The Rougarou Files #1

^^So saying something like "I don't believe they will do the conversion because of the heartline" or "I feel that the difference in the heartline between the floorless train and the stand-up train is why a conversion won't happen." is perfectly fine? Because regardless of how it's stated, that person might truly believe it's a fact. So what would be the difference? Does it make it easier to ridicule them for being wrong? Or is it easier to bash them because they were a bit more brash about it?

I honestly thought that it (among other things) was a deciding factor in my opinion against a conversion. Admittingly, I'm not an engineer and the stuff I know regarding the heartline is limited to what I've been told. I'm willing to bet that anyone who argued against the conversion doesn't have a true understanding of it. As such, the impression would be that it might/can't happen because of it. Of course, we now know that it is not a factor at all.

This whole "I can't believe people actually thought that something they believe to be true wasn't and they're silly for thinking it." can probably stop. Everyone gets it, you were right, we were wrong......moving on.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Zoug68 said:
When FL first came out, you could purchase them for around $40. Now, depending on the day, FL+ can run over $100. FL starts at $60, now. FL+ starts at $80.

I was at CP 4 times this years when Gatekeeper and TTD were walk ons, and people had still purchased FL+ passes. It just boggled my mind that people were so foolish with their cash, especially the ones who entered the queue for TTD at the same time as me, but took longer to get to the ramp to the staion. I guess if people want to donate to CP like that, more power to them.

Why do you care what other people spend their money on?

Why do you care what other people are curious about?

Why do you care what I care about caring?

Gatekeeper2013 said:
You'll find that in the threads before the conversion was announce. Basically the argument against the conversion happening was that since the location of your heart changes you cannot convert. This is because inversions on rides are often built to in essence use the riders heart for a pivot. Turns out it is possible to keep riders at the same height. I'm sure Tony and/or some other user will go more in depth than I because I do not have all the facts of it.

Okay thank you. Thats actually what I thought but I wasn't sure if i was right. But i know this was mentioned before but i think its because floorless trains sit up higher than standard sit down trains. So its kinda the same as if a short person were to ride mantis

^Compared to the standup trains, will the new Floorless trains be about the same height by the time the riders sit in their seats?

We don't know much about the retrofit other than they are floorless trains, but I would assume so. That question will be perfectly answered in due time

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Curious if anyone has spotted any site work or even flag markings around or near the track structure? I am thinking we might see at least a scenery fly thru when this is all done.

Pete said:
There is greater variability in body position of a stand-up anyway because you have short people and tall people standing, the difference is not as much when seated.

To say nothing of the fact that the people on the outside seats are nearly six feet away from the center of rotation anyway. Oh, and there is no rotation, it's all pretty straight-forward inversions.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I think we can successfully call the "heartline theory" debunked. It just doesn't hold.. water. Because there's a lagoon around Mantis. Hah hah.

^ Good one! Like +1

Are we still debating the stand up vs. floorless trains theory? What if any difference does this make? Someone please explain why they think there is a measureable difference in the forces to the human body on these two types of trains? There isn't.

Although the forces to the human body as a whole does not change between train types -- unless the trains ran at different speeds -- forces to parts of the human body do change significantly when the rider position is altered. (Think about leg cramps on Mantis.)

All I asked about was how high off the track do Floorless train stand above the track compared to Stand up trains? Don't worry coasterJay, I'm not debating. ;)

Zoug68 said:
I was at CP 4 times this years when Gatekeeper and TTD were walk ons, and people had still purchased FL+ passes. It just boggled my mind that people were so foolish with their cash, especially the ones who entered the queue for TTD at the same time as me, but took longer to get to the ramp to the staion.

It's not foolish if pre-purchasing FL brought them a sense of comfort that their one trip this year would be guaranteed to have reduced waits if the park turned out to be packed.

Brandon

What history do you think will be made?

You should probably link to the post you're referencing... Also, Breakers has nothing to do with Mantarou. ;)

Tony posted the following, alongside a Hotel Breakers hallway picture.

"History will be made here tomorrow morning. Stay tuned!"

https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/527127780048515072

It probably has something to do with the Breakers Renovation. I don't really see what other history could be made in a half torn apart hotel hallway.

Part of that hallway is being demolished.

According to this tweet from Bryan Edwards, the entrance is being torn down.

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service