Lakeside Pavilion

In all the excitement of the newly transformed mantis I couldn't help to notice that there will be a new pavilion! lakeside pavilion check it out on the Cedar Point 2015 website! what are your thoughts?

Looks awesome! But along with this, I'm assuming that Point Pavilion will be coming down...So it looks like the park still hasn't announced all of their plans...

Last edited by Ride On_17,

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Was kinda hoping for something new this year but these are all needed and awesome improvements.

This appears to be located where Coral Courtyard is, not Point Pavilion (which is located over by Raptor).

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Question becomes if this is a step toward taking out the Grand Pavilion entirely or providing for space suitable to replace lost space during a renovation.

Likewise, I would assume it will be limited duration use, meaning it isn't a "HQ" for a group, just a place to eat and leave.

Yes, this is taking over Coral Courtyard. Yes, there have been rumors regarding Point Pavilion. From utility markings to the closing of a haunted attraction to an alleged clearing of tables, there is reason to believe that work is also going on over there. It seems as though they are attempting to build up Lakeside Pavilion as a replacement for Point Pavilion. What the Point Pavilion land would be used for is in the air. I am still interested in the idea of a Harmony Hall clone there.

Combined with the Breakers update, this pretty much cements what Ouimet was saying from the moment he took over: The beach is awesome and not even remotely meeting its potential. Thank God the cheap looking circus tents are going away!

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Agreed, this is all very impressive and I'm glad to see the beach finally being properly utilized. :)

Ride On_17 said:
Looks awesome! But along with this, I'm assuming that Point Pavilion will be coming down...So it looks like the park still hasn't announcement all of their plans...

I've gotten the impression that this is mainly it for 2015, and that's totally ok. I'm very happy with Rougarou, Lakeside Pavillion and Hotel Breakers.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

^I completely agree. I am blown away by what the park is doing for next year.

But there still is something mysterious going on with the front corner of the park. Whether it's for 2015 or 2016, we'll just have to wait and see.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Hotel Breakers renovation and the Lakeside Pavilion. Ladies and Gentlemen! The boardwalk project!

Mantis gets turned into a floorless.

What's next? The green train is found for Millennium Force?

Pointbuzz has suddenly become a collection of prophecies.

~Rob

Rougarou said:
https://www.cedarpoint.com/rides/New-In-2015/Lakeside-Pavilion

ZOMG!! Rougarou isn't in the rendering!!

HeyIsntThatRob? said:

~Rob

I follow the cruise industry, MMO games genre and select college sports. And compared to those, nothing produces more of what we call SWAG (Scientific Wild-A Guesses) than things related to Cedar Point and such parks.

Fun to watch sometimes.

Perhaps Lakeside Pavilion is the replacement for Point Pavilion. I thought we would see something around the pirate ride BS midway area this year but apparently it may be just a tad further down the road yet. A BS midway refurb is definitely a high item on my wish list.

The list of new and refurbished items for 2015 is quite impressive, Hotel Breakers alone is a massive amount of work, throw Rougarou on top of that, and Lakeside Pavilion... I'd say that is one heck of spruce up for the park.

HeyIsntThatRob? said:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I miss the days of the PGP encrypted Wicked Twister posts. :)

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Wow... good times.

Is that message still around anywhere...I remember people trying to get the keypair deal to work...

Hell I was barely an enthusiast and more of a lurker for CP pictures & stuff then..I didn't even know Intamin vs B&M vs Arrow or anything by that point lol

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

This should have happened years ago, I thought we would see it during the addition of Windseeker. It is a great revenue generation improvement for the park. I think if this is done correctly with some possible improvements to the Coliseum the park could completely remove the point pavilion and still meet demand while adding a nice piece of land for a future large attraction.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service