Scattered Thunderstorms

I'm going to Cedar Point tomorrow, and the weather reports have constantly been changing on me, but ever since yesterday, they've consistently been forcasting thunderstorms from 2-8pm. From 2-5 it's 40% scattered thunderstorms, and seeing as all rides close during t-storms I'm not sure if it's worth it. Especially since it's going up to 70% thunderstorms (not even scattered or isolated) later in the evening.

I've also heard that the weather there is pretty bipolar though. Is there a chance that the weather reports will change, even though it's tomorrow?

P.S. Do they let you get free water with the R&R wristband? Or does water not count as a "soft drink"?

Last edited by Minji,

GO!
It will not be busy at all! Schools and Colleges have started already. The weather changes in Ohio all the time, you should be fine.

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

I'd go. If the forecast is scattered it may not rain at all. I've been there and seen very dark skies buy rain missed CP completely. If it does rain buy only for a short time and the storms are separated by 2 or 3 hours you'll still get lots of riding in.

Lighting strikes are something that can shut some rides down even if it's not raining. So that would be my only concern, but even with those shutdowns once the radar is clear of lightning strikes you should be OK.

By a poncho at a $1 store and bring it along and you'll be fine.

Brian,Favorite flat: MaxAirFavorite coaster: Millennium Force

Thanks for the fast answers!! Plus even if it does rain, that'll hopefully mean shorter lines.

This might also help (scroll down to "Weather Conditions that Affect Rides" and "Lightning and Severe Thunderstorms").

Last edited by Perpetual Obsession,

Seriously?

Why was this topic bumped? The park is closed for the next 5 months.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

It's spam. They're creating accounts and posting what looks like on the surface to be legitimate contributions. Days or weeks later, when the post is forgotten, they'll edit and insert their links.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Closed topic. Archived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service