Rides that might be removed in the next few years

It would be great to see The Kingdom of Kiddies get an update taking a look a the Island of the King"s kids area. Planet Snoopy and Camp Snoopy both duplicate a lot of rides and a variety of different offerings would be great. My youngest niece in line for one of the Hampton rides "didn't I just ride this one" over and over again.. Not a ride but the building from the Frontier Town merry go round count fit some type of flat.

Last edited by TheRealMaverick,

^huh? I think you need to take a class in English and/or typing :)

Sent from my IPhone...haha I have had enough typing and maybe a few cocktails.

When Cedar Point is compared to Kings Island, CP has had relatively very few ride removals over the years. Especially in the major ride category.

KI by contrast, has lost multiple coasters, a water flume, a Ferris wheel, and even the classic flyer ride they are reintroducing into other locations next year.

At one time they had an animal park and monorail, and some of their "replacements" were nothing more than relocations from other parks.

All things considered as to why these attractions were removed, perhaps this turnover is what makes that park so popular. Tradition and nostalgia are nice if you visit just a few times a year - but CF is really pushing extended visits - and to keep it interesting they need to look at some of the ploys Six Flags is attempting with running trains backwards and retracking existing coasters with the new "I" beam track ideas.

I wouldn't compare any part of KI to CP other then the Beast and their kids area. Just walking through CP's kids areas. We feature the worlds largest collection of Hampton Umbrella Rides, two different balloon spinners, two different versions of the camp bus, two road race(monster truck rides), so on and so forth. There is a reason KI wins awards for its kids area year after year ($$$ spent on a certain publication helps as well).

KI had 2 large log flume rides they took down. My favorite at KI was King Cobra. That was a small ride they could have relocated. My favorite stand up coaster. Tomb Raider was neat but was a bust. Best thing they did was take down Son of Beast. Guess that losing Wildcat and Disaster Transport is small compared to what KI has seen.

I don't see many rides being removed soon. Nothing I want to see removed. I think they could build another hotel in front of Gatekeeper with a boardwalk that connects to the current one. And build a parking garage with the rest of the parking lot.

Please stop suggesting they tear down Mean Streak. With the retrack it isn't painfull to ride at all. I don't ride with my back against the seat, but I love the ride. If anything I'll agree with the people who say it's boring as it's downfall. But it's a long ride. Beast is a long ride. It's a great ride too. But there are parts that are boring.

The hopes of another hotel are highly unlikely, Matt has already said he had no plans of adding any additional hotel properties. In addition with 60 million being spent on current hotels they need to fill those rooms first more consistently. I would see an addition to Sandcastle before another hotel is built and I think that is highly unlikely. As for the parking deck idea, I think that's even less likely with additional overflow parking off point and bussing for peak days parking is easily resolved with minimal additional cost to the park. I would like to see the park gain space inside the gates so to speak but I see minimal additions long term. The park it's self has remained some what flat attendance wise and may have come close to tapping out its major markets. The one exception may be driving a bit more family business to the park (which Matt is working on) as well as increasing length of stay to multiple days which resort updates should help.

I can see the turnpike and/or Cadillac Cars being removed. 3 car rides is kind of redundant. The experience on all of them is just about the same. But I think they should leave Antique Cars because it fits back there with the theming. And there have been rumors on here that the Challenge Park attractions may be put inside of the park. Reorganizing those can free up a good chunk of space back there.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I'd like to see Tiques stay, besides back there I don't see much for development, maybe one flat, if that. Plus thats one I generally see with the longest line. I do also enjoy the course back there..and the trees for y'all fanboys :P

I don't see Challenge Park moving, the main thing was those are open past park operating hours for leaving guests/resort guests. Why put them into the park for that?

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I think they could make more money being in the park. They're in the back of the park outside the exit.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I'd hate to see those two classics go because I think they are classic, love being able to share rides I have childhood memories of with my daughter.

More so I'd hate to see those rides removed because I love the look of that part of CP by the marina enterance with the antique lights and the huge, mature trees...beautiful. If they pull out the existing car rides I'd expect the trees would have to come down to build anything see on that site.

Thabto said:
I think they could make more money being in the park. They're in the back of the park outside the exit.

They might make more direct money inside the park, but part of what those attractions make for the park comes by way of enticing folks to stay on-property.

Brandon

Personally, I think we may see them rip out the All Wheels Extreme Stadium.

If they removed that structure they could build a new stage that would work for AWE and also as a stage for Luminosity at night. They could even open up the area between Planet Snoopy and the new stage giving them a much bigger area for people to enjoy the show at night.

Then they can put a new flat in the Celebration Plaza.

Brian,Favorite flat: MaxAirFavorite coaster: Millennium Force

I think Lumi will stay where it's at. It's a central park location, plus everything is setup there and ready to go for 2015. I would like to see a new statium at All Wheels maybe built specifically for it, or it and future shows. You can still tell what used to reside there. Plus the show at times is packed during the season, extra seating would be a new benefit. But keep a show there, it doesn't take much room up, and the lake/WT view is fantastic.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I personaly think that removing the All Wheels Extreme Stadium would be a god move too, or they could at least give it a big update and show change. A night show would look cool in that area. Maybe something that can run every night so even if lumi is not going, people can see that. Maybe they could do something like Fantasmic! at DHS and Disneyland, with the fireworks and water jets right there with the lake in the background. That would be cool. Of course it would have to be much smaller than Fantasmic! but something along those lines would be cool to see. I am not saying this could be possible or will ever happen, but that is just what I would try if I ran the park.

Last edited by MagnumForce14,

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

MagnumForce14 said:
I personaly think that removing the All Wheels Extreme Stadium would be a god move too

Only in Roller Coaster Tycoon

Goodbye MrScott

John

JuggaLotus said:

MagnumForce14 said:
I personaly think that removing the All Wheels Extreme Stadium would be a god move too

Only in Roller Coaster Tycoon

What makes you say that?

I was thinking tornado because god probably doesn't play Roller Coaster Tycoon.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

(Facepalm) Yup! Haha!:)

Well I know Brian mentioned both the Turnpike cars and Cadillac cars might be removed, but I would rather just see Turnpike cars be removed. Cadillac cars still gets a great line where it's at. It would be cool to see a roller coaster someday in that area that maybe goes over the road a couple times in that area. If not over the road, have it close to the road so It feels like a Fly by for people driving by...LOL

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service