Do bring a friend days cause huge crowds that day?

I'm going tomorrow and I saw that tomorrow is a bring a friend day for $19.99. Think this will cause the park to be very crowded?

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

The last few weekends have been some of the busiest days I have seen at CP this year. Last Saturday was crazy, heck even Mean Streak was using the entire pathway from the entrance. That really surprised me as it was raining for several hours in the late morning and early afternoon.

I am not sure about the direct impact of bring a friend day but I'd imagine it will make the park a bit more crowded.

I am considering going early tomorrow for some ERT but I am expecting to leave early as I have a feeling it will be crowded... hope I'm wrong!

No experience at Cedar Point but at Kings Island, bring a friend days cause HUGE crowds in the park.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

What's your definition of HUGE as far as wait times? Also, was the BAF day on a Saturday or Sunday? That could make a difference as well or if it was on a holiday weekend.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

Where did you see that tomorrow (Aug. 10) was bring a friend day for $19.99?

On Cedar Point's Facebook page. Sounds like they planned this at the last minute so hopefully not many people notice it.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

Thank you.

Thabto said:
What's your definition of HUGE as far as wait times? Also, was the BAF day on a Saturday or Sunday? That could make a difference as well or if it was on a holiday weekend.

This was back in the Paramount days but the Rugrats coaster was a hour and a half wait. I don't remember the part of the week or if it was a holiday. This was probably back in 2006.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Thanks. 1.5 hour waits aren't too bad. It's about my limit for MF and Maverick. I'm not dreading tomorrow as much now. I heard today was busy, but that's typical for a Saturday.

Brian

We were planning on going today but my son ended up not feeling well. There is bad cold like bug circulating in NWOH. Let us know how it went Thabto.

Thanks!

Paul

I'm in the park now and there is quite a crowd. 1.75 hour wait for MF and 1.5 for Maverick. Luckily we got front of the line passes for Maverick. Even the Fast Lane showed a 45 minute wait. There's also that same bug going around NE OH. Some in my group cancelled because of it.

Brian

Thanks for the report. I hope you had a good visit in spite of the large crowd. My daughter was at SC and she said it was packed. I haven't been up there in 3 weeks and I am really starting to feel withdrawal. :-)

Paul

When I went there Friday evening,there was a sign at the parking tollbooths. 'alternate associate parking plan in effect for this weekend,see your supervisor for details'. Evidently they were expecting large crowds for the weekend.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Another question about big a friend days.

I have a platinum pass so I get the 1 hour early entry.
If I use my pass to buy the additional guest tickets are they able to get early entry with me?

Brian,Favorite flat: MaxAirFavorite coaster: Millennium Force

Yes they do, they just have to be with you and show their receipt/ticket where they let you through by Raptor.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service