New Haunts for this year!!

From what i’ve read cedar point announced two new haunts for this year, territory and Hexed. Any word yet on which ones will be replacing what haunts?

argues just for clicks

My thought is that Hexed will be in the building by Gatekeeper. As for the Tombstone Terror-Tory here is my idea however it's highly unlikely. Before the Dino's showed up at Cedar Point Terror island (I think) was the haunt on Millennium Island. Like I said, high hopes but they both have terror in the the name so maybe it will go onto the island again adding a new haunted house and not losing any. But chances are it is just going to replace scream works. This is with the thought that some one in another thread said it was cowboy themed and they wouldn't need to do a ton of decorating to the frontier trail.

I like the idea of having TTT on the frontier trail, to replace Screamworks. I guess the whole Steampunk theming didn't work for me, an I thought it was only cool to look at during the day, since you can really study the old ride vehicles turned bad. The haunt itself though, was basically just the original Fright Zone with different costumes and a couple of gear-turning light effects. Also, I wouldn't mind if it replaced Cut Throat Cove, not that I do not like it, just for the fact of the cowboy/canyon setting underneath Maverick.

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

Just fyi, Tombstone Terror is not replacing Screamworks.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

It was just speculation. Do we know what each one is replacing though?

I've got the answers...on the updated Halloweekends site.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/haunt/rides-attractions?ctg=Fright-Zones

Tombstone Terror-tory is a Scare Zone in Frontier Town (likely in the area of Lusty Lils and Palace Theater). What's also interesting is that Fear Faire is not returning.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Now the site's been pulled. Maybe they accidentally put it up too early.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I'm not too surprised. The same thing happened with Kings Island's Haunt pages as well. I found it via Google search, so nothing special there.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

My question is, where will Tombstone Terror-tory be located? I checked up on the now gone HalloWeekends site, and ScreamWorks is still there. I noticed last year that the whole FrontierTown section seemed cramped with haunts (EM,CS,SW,CTC,and ET). Maybe if they jut let the rest of that area be a big free-roam haunt, they could make the back section an official 'Haunted Section' of the park. CarnEvil and BOTB are not too far away, and the only ones towards the front are EE and ZHS, with the removal of Fear Faire.

My guess is from Shooting Gallery area towards Maverick.

You know what's going to be cool? The entrance to CarnEvil this year. Just since the new Gemini Midway has all those changing-color lights and bright colors, the whole haunt may seem like you are really in a carnival!:)

I'm going to miss walking down the Gemini Midway during Halloweekends at night. It was always lightly covered in fog from Carnevil and very dark because some of the lights weren't on or something. Very creepy and enhanced the experience.

I won't miss the dimly lit midway. They could run the LED's in pure red mode and turn off the string lights if they wanted to keep the effect of the red gels though..

The logos for Tombstone Terror-Tory and Hexed have been released! Also you will find the complete list of haunted attractions for 2014.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/features/2014/08/14/first-look--ceda.../14053849/

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Frontier Town will be amazing this year! So many haunts, plus the entire area will be its own haunt!

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

So I noticed that Fear Faire will indeed be back this year.

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I don't think it is for sure yet. The article linked above says it will be returning, but in another article it states there will be only 6 scare zones.

http://consumer.discoverohio.com/searchdetails.aspx?detail=46447

We will likely have to wait until the official announcement to know for sure.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Also, on the Halloweekends Facebook page they stated that the new Tombstone Terror-tory will go from Gemini all the way to Wave Swinger.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

So that pretty much makes one giant scare zone from Gemini to the end of the Frontier Trail with a small break on the bridge between Maverick and Snake River Falls. This should be fun.

Hexed will be located in the new building next to Gatekeeper.
TTT will be located in Frontier Town near Maverick.
Neither will be replacing other haunts.

Last edited by Jason Dark,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service