Sunday's in July

What are crowds like on Sunday's in July? Yes, I did read the pinned topic. But can anybody tell me what Sunday's in July are like. I usually try to avoid the park in July because it's crowded no matter what day you go, but I was never there on a Sunday. Are Sunday's still a slow day in July? I never been to the park on a Sunday before, but this year that's the only day that works out with my one friend. Will it be busy next Sunday, July 6th with it being the weekend after a holiday? I know 4th and 5th will be jammed.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I'm still planning for Sunday. What do you think I could expect as far as lines for the major rides? I'm fine with 1 hour or less waits. I already know that Friday and Saturday are the days to avoid this week. The forecast for Sunday looks to be nice, but the rest of the week is supposed to rain. Do you think Sunday will still be a slower day?

Brian

July is busy any day you go. Plus its a holiday weekend so that won't help. The crowd should thin after 8:00pm.

Any day except last Tuesday, and of course I chose Wednesday! Grrr. Oh well, Gatekeeper's ride night was awesome.

After doing a little research, I found that Sunday is mostly a travel day for travelers, so that should keep crowds down. Also, there are no fireworks and many other activities that are going on Friday and Saturday. Hope I can gather some info from anybody who attends those days and whatever the crowds were those days, just expect it to not be as crowded on Sunday.

Brian

Or don't worry so much about it. Go, do whatever you can do, and tell us about it on Monday.

Crowd levels can impact my enjoyment of the park. I'd hate to go and just ride carnival rides because everything else is a 2+ hour wait. I probably am just over thinking here and it won't be bad at all.

Brian

We go up almost every Sunday through the season. This year most were pretty crowded, but today was an unexpected low crowd for July 6. We do MF walkback & early entry and an hour or so on other rides and when things get too busy go to soak city in July/August. Today we got on quite a lot of coasters before 1pm, then to Wilderness Run with my grandson and playing on the beach. Love being on point for many different ways of having fun!

Last edited by Smitty Werbenjaegermanjensen,

Paul

I got quite a few coasters in today, myself...and a nap too.

Today, the crowd wasn't bad at all. Trip report coming soon.

Brian

I agree, Sunday was a pretty good riding day for a day in July. :-)

Paul

I'll definitely consider going on other Sunday's in July, The longest I waited was about 30-45 minutes. You can read about the crowd in my trip report. I wrote it for future reference for what to expect in July.

Brian

We went this past Sunday, 6th, but didn't get there until the late afternoon. The crowds seemed low by then. It was mostly a dinner and show day for us (Tomi, On Broadway, Luminosity). But Magnum, Raptor, WT were walk-on and MF was 1/2 hour wait.

Really impressed by the talent and production of the shows we saw and will catch some more this season.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service