Anyone have a weird favorite ride?

Well, I couldnt think of a better title. Im sure lots of people do.

My favorite rides at CP would probably rank:

1. Gemini
2. Thunder Canyon (maybe other parks have better versions, but I still love this style of ride)

Cedar Downs!!

Not sure what you mean by "weird", there. None of those rides listed so far are weird in my opinion. I'd call them unique, maybe, but I wouldn't say they're weird to have as favorites.

The nice thing about a well rounded amusement park is there's something for everybody. They want to attract everyone, so if there's a person with a particular thrill tolerance that thinks Gemini is the best ride for them then so be it. Mission accomplished.

I wonder about the people that think the only things worth doing at Cedar Point are Milennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and Maverick. I think that's a shame.

Why, even Shoot the Rapids has a fan, right?

Wait, there's more to Cedar Point than just Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and Maverick? Everything I know is a lie!

RCMAC said:

Yes, Shawn Meyer

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Mean Streak, and Thunder Canyon is my favorite water ride.

What's so weird about Gemini? It was CP's signature ride for 11 seasons, and is still a great coaster!

I really love Calypso and Witches Wheel. Both have short lines and provide a nice, relaxing breezy ride.

Thabto said:

RCMAC said:

Yes, Shawn Meyer

C'mon, now.... Really?

Sherri said:
Cedar Downs!!

I have to agree with Cedar Downs. I love this ride.

I love Tilt-a-Whirl!!!

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Power Tower - drop side!!

Would have to be a toss up:
between Cedar Downs and Tilt-A-Whirl.

Stacys said:
Would have to be a toss up:
between Cedar Downs and Tilt-A-Whirl.

The latter can definitely make me "toss!"

CrankItUp...
you wouldn't happen to be the one that 'tossed' last Wed at the park...would you? It was just down past Tilt-A-Whirl. I wont elaborate, but, let's just say it was a somewhat warm afternoon ~yeah...enough said. x~0..

Last edited by Stacys,

I love Cedar Downs, too, and think it is very unique and hope they take good care of it for years to come.

I'm digging MF this year over Maverick, not an important revelation for anyone here, though.

I really like Skyhawk and think it packs a lot of punch for a flat.

My oldest son really likes Lake Erie Eagles.

I still enjoy the train at night looking at Boneville.

Gemini and Blue Streak are still great all around rides.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

I guess since most people are all about taller, faster and more extreme these days my favorite coaster being Blue Streak could be considered kinda weird.

Tilt-a-Whirl rocks!! Why it's in the kiddie area is beyond me. Funny watching grown ups make the trek back there to ride....

I will have to go find the Tilt a Whirl now, didn't know it was in the kiddie section.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

3snoH un=l said:
I will have to go find the Tilt a Whirl now, didn't know it was in the kiddie section.

I just saw it last time while riding Pipe Scream. I actually never knew it existed.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service