Souvenir Cups -- do you seriously have to rent a locker for them???

First trip to CP next week (lifelong dream come true!), Wednesday and Thursday. Bought our tickets online and added the souvenir cups (since they're only $10 if purchased online) because we use them at Six Flags and they're an amazing deal on a hot day. Although Six Flags doesn't allow bags or other items to be carried into the ride lines, they DO have an area to leave your souvenir cups while on the ride. I mean, come on, they sell you the cup and then they don't give you someplace to store it? That would be extremely lame. However, I was reading through the ride restrictions and it looks like this is exactly what they do at CP on some of the rides? Is that correct?

Side question on a similar topic. I noticed that they say "no glasses" on a few of the rides as well. As in regular non-sunglasses??? Because I've never experienced a glasses restriction at any park anywhere. I am also a skydiver and wear my glasses to leap out of planes from 14,000 feet multiple times every weekend! But they don't say "sunglasses", so I just wanted to double check. Thanks, guys!

Most rides allow you to take items and place it in the bins. Gatekeeper, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster and Magnum do not allow you to carry on items.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

In regards to glasses, certain rides will require you to wear an athletic strap to keep them from falling off of your face. This is regardless of eyeglasses vs. sunglasses. TTD comes to mind as an example.

Glasses just need to be secured with a strap. You can get one at any shop at the park for $2.

blah blah blah blah blah rules blah blah blah rules.

The only time I've ever lost my sunglasses on a ride was when the Maverick platform hostess made me take them off and put them in my pocket. I was already locked in. I had already ridden three times that morning with my sunglasses on. Oh well.

As far as the big cups go, I thought Six Flags way of handling that was terrible. There's a rack with numbered holes or something. Each time I rode a ride there I witnessed someone just pick up anyone's cup and take off with it. Yeah, no thanks.

Will you still be saying "blah blah blah rules" when your loose article hits a fellow park goer at a high rate of speed? The rules exist for a reason, particularly your own safety and well-being.

Thanks for the info, everybody. Regret having bought the cups, as I never carry anything into a park with me (to avoid being wallet-gouged and inconvenienced by locker rental), but we use the souvenir cups at Six Flags because they're super cost-effective for keeping hydrated all day. And they are the one item that they allow in line. Have never had issues with them being stolen. Perhaps we'll just use the cups first day and dump them when its time to go on those big rides. They're not nearly so much savings the second day, as CP doesn't appear to have the all-day drink wristband deal that we use at Six Flags and you have to pay $2/refill. I'm thinking not worth carrying the cups around for so little benefit. I already bought them with our online ticket order, though, so we'll get a few free drinks worth.

The glasses thing is still interesting. First park I've EVER visited that had this rule. I'm not talking sunglasses here, but regular eyeglasses that I wear all day, every day, including all weekend skydiving! Never once have they so much as slipped down my nose. But fair enough. I'll strap 'em on or just leave them in the car and go half blind for the day.

you're willing to spend money for a cup that by carrying it around will keep you from riding the good rides but you're not willing to spend $2 for a strap for your glasses that'll enable you to enjoy the good rides.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

topthrilldragster4lyf said:
Will you still be saying "blah blah blah rules" when your loose article hits a fellow park goer at a high rate of speed? The rules exist for a reason, particularly your own safety and well-being.

Oh gosh! Thanks for the lesson. I never thought about that.

Seems I should have thought to include a blah blah blah winky back there.

We have left our groups cups on top of the lockers and they have been fine. If that is all you would be putting in the locker, it's low risk. I wouldn't leave my valuables up there, but the cups don't seen to be bothered.

Dennis, not sure that you understood my question at all. The point being that I'm sorry to have spent that money on cups when they would require renting a locker in order to ride some of the rides. I wouldn't have bought them, but what's done is done. The eyeglasses strap thing isn't something that I'm unwilling to purchase, just something that I find to be totally silly. I can't imagine that Cedar Point has anything more fierce than Six Flags Magic Mountain or other big ride parks, but I've never been required to put a strap on my eyeglasses. However, I think we'll try WickedTwister's suggestion on the cups. I mean, if you really want somebody's USED cup, heck, you probably need it more than I do! Thanks for that idea! :-)

The only rides that require a strap for glasses are GateKeeper, Maverick, maXair, Power Tower, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister. You can ride all of the other rides without using a strap on your glasses.

The only rides where you can't take the cups in line with you are GateKeeper, Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster, possibly Magnum also now that they took the bins away. All other rides let you take your cups in line and either, depending on the ride, have a storage bin, let you keep them on the ride platform or take the cup with you in the ride vehicle.

You can find the best information on ride policies on the CP website at https://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/ride-policies-and-procedures

(Just noticed that you already had your trip to the park after I posted, hope the drink cups worked out for you).

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Most folks won't bother with stealing your souvenir cup because the thought of drinking from someone else's cup without thoroughly cleaning it is disgusting, at least in my opinion. I found a stranded souvenir cup when I was at KD last month and the thought came to my mind to pick it up to have a spare, but the thought of using someone else's cup even after thoroughly sanitizing at home wasn't enough to compel me to pick it up and risk someone looking for it later.

Now that I think about it, I'm going to scribble our name on the bottom of our cup to make 100% sure I don't accidentally pick up the wrong one.

Pete said:
The only rides that require a strap for glasses are GateKeeper, Maverick, maXair, Power Tower, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister. You can ride all of the other rides without using a strap on your glasses.

I've had employees at MF check to be sure my glasses were strapped.

Chris

Take your stupid glasses off and put them down your shirt I have been doing that for 30 years when riding coasters. Also It is sad that there is no place to put some items when you go into those lines even small items. The more things you bring into the park the less you can enjoy your self on the rides. In 2008 I got 9 stitches in my head from being hit by a cell phone coming off TTD.

I have been going to Cedar Point long enough to know what to secure on a rde.

Dennis Urban said:
you're willing to spend money for a cup that by carrying it around will keep you from riding the good rides but you're not willing to spend $2 for a strap for your glasses that'll enable you to enjoy the good rides.

Where do you find the glasses strap for $2?

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Cedar Point gift shops. They've had them for at least a decade and they come in various colors with the park's logo on them.

They're like 6-7 bucks. Where are the 2 dollar ones?

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Where are they $6?

$3 this year at the gift shop by TTD. They also offer more expensive versions at $6 or $7. $3 for the basic "get the job done" version (still has the park logo). Since I am don't see well without my glasses I prefer to wear them on the coasters.

Last season I stopped at CVS on the way to the Point and paid $6. I was surprise to see them later that day for $3 at the park. I remembered that this year and picked up a $3 pair that said Cedar Point on them during Coaster Mania.

Cedar Point guest since 1974

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service