Picnic Pavilions & Meal Ideas

Hello all-

We are planning our trip to Cedar Point 5/31-6/4. My brother and his family will be joining us for their first time, so we will have 4 adults and 4 young kids. And for the first time since 2005 my family will be going outside of HalloWeekends. We had originally planned to stay off site to save some money on accommodations but decided with 4 kids under the age of 7 years old in our group, the convenience and location made it worthwhile to stay at Breakers. Plus I came across a sweet promo code that saves us $100 per night per room. But now we need to figure ways to stretch our dollar in other areas, which will mean not eating in the park all the time.

So here are my questions: With the addition of GateKeeper, are there any picnic areas available by Blue Streak? Anywhere else? Do they provide charcoal grills at all? And if not, would I be able to use my portable propane camp grill? Hots & burgers would make a nice change of pace from cold cut sandwiches! We figure cereal in the rooms for breakfast, sandwiches or hots & burgers for lunch, and eat out for dinner. Any suggestions for dinner? We are Famous Dave's and so that will happen at least twice I'm sure... Do any pizza places (Chet & Matt's?) deliver to the resorts?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

http://pointbuzz.com/forums/Thread/29775.aspx

^ this post mentions grills and picnic areas just outside of Gatekeeper. Also, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get such a fabulous promo code for Breakers? I've been anxiously waiting to reserve my room for the summer but I keep hoping for a promo code.

Remember, it's nice to be important- but it's more important to be nice.

Also, forgot to add: we love going to the market at the front of the park that is an all you can eat buffet. The prices have gone up in recent years, but there is always something for everyone (and a lot of it) I think last year the dinner prices were just under $20/person.

Remember, it's nice to be important- but it's more important to be nice.

Yeah, that's a pretty powerful code to give you $100/night. Care to share?

With that many people did you check out the new cabins? There would be kitchen facilities.

Chris

So Shane, I'm still really interested in this Breaker's code you came across.

Code was RETURN. It was for limited certain rooms, early season. And it wasn't JUST Breakers. We could've done Sandcastle Suites for about $50 more for the entire stay but the wife nixed that idea. It's not a flat $100/night discount, it varies depending which property and which room you choose. But we compared our stay in a 2 queen bed with and without the promo code and it was close to $100/night.

ROUNDABOUND.

Thanks, I've used that in the past also, which is nice that CP wants you back and entices you to do so. I've never come close to $100 off, but hey, that's great.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service