Extreme trip planning

Hi all

First trip to CP planned for mid August 2014. We have a site booked at camper village but I am an extreme trip planner. I need to know it all so I can make the best possible trip for my family. Any advice appreciated. We are a family of four with two teen girls who typically don't get along. BTW any one else with teens in the same situation planning to go August 12-15 and want other teens for their kids to tour the park with let us know. I hope everyone's trip planning goes well and would love to hear from you

I thought Camper Village was closed this year. At least that's what someone in another thread said.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

No only part of it is. The lighthouse section is open still. The circle is apparently closed though

Definitely take advantage of the early entry, especially if you guys are interested in the "signature" rides. It'll save a lot of waiting later on. Also, don't pass up the shows (although a lot of them are typically ending around the middle of August, so they may not all be available) as they can be a lot of fun. All Wheels Extreme and Luminosity seem to always be popular with the teenage crowd.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Don't be shy about using the shuttle service (and tipping of course). It'll save you many steps. Also consider the resort restaurants, not just ones inside the park. I know you'll be saving money by eating some meals at your RV, but it's nice to be waited on occasionally.

After the park closes Hotel Breakers pools tend to be open a bit later, plus they have a large outside family hot tub. It's a nice way to relax at the end of the day then a calming quiet walk up the beach to your campsite...or the shuttle if your walked out. There are also some off point/non CP owned pizza places that deliver to lighthouse point until late. Cheap breakfast option close to the campground is at breakwater cafe near sandcastle suites. It's buffet and usually far from busy.

There is also a buffet inside Castaway Bay, it is never very busy, its only open 8am-11am though.

Thank you to everyone for the tips. Keep them coming. What are the can't miss rides? Are there any restaurant meals that are big enough to share? Also concerned about weight and size restrictions. One of our party is 6' and 260 lbs. trying to spare her embarrassment of being measured or kicked off any rides. Thanks again

misstls said:
Thank you to everyone for the tips. Keep them coming. What are the can't miss rides? Are there any restaurant meals that are big enough to share? Also concerned about weight and size restrictions. One of our party is 6' and 260 lbs. trying to spare her embarrassment of being measured or kicked off any rides. Thanks again

Can't miss rides are for the most part any coaster in the park depending on your personal opinion. Splitting meals is tough inside the park but Famous Dave's has family meals(forget what they are called) that can be split. As for rides for someone of that size I fear that may be a decent list, I am 6'1" 210 and am very close to a tight fit on Wicked Twister, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and Maverick. My best suggestion is for her to use the trial seats at the entrance to most major coasters and rides.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service