Another stupid question

I'm sure this has been asked but we were considering a trip up next Friday and then just staying for ERT Saturday and heading back to Cincy. My question is that my daughter, just turning 7, would be coming too. Is it overly scary if we just want to ride rides? She does all the big ones so not having Gemini or mine ride open is ok with us. I know at KI it's definitely not ok for kids after dark on a Saturday but Fridays aren't bad. Is CP the same?

Most of the park is pretty normal other than the Halloween decorations, unless you enter the outdoor haunts. Friday nights are usually great times to ride all the top coasters at CP in my experience. When my youngest was 7 (7 years ago) he had no trouble in the park as for being scared on any day.

Paul

The haunts are confined to well marked, designated areas. Outside of perhaps the Frontier Trail (Screamworks) it's pretty hard to just stumble into one. Only thing you might want to be aware of is that the Screamsters depart the ballroom on the main midway and head to their areas around 7:30, so between 7:30 and 8:00 you may see them out on the midways. They'll leave you alone.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

So they're not walking around, hiding in bushes and such to jump out and scare you? Great! I think we'll do it!

Nope, there's no scaring on the midways. They may be bantering back and forth with each other "in character" as they walk to their areas, but they'll leave you be if you leave them be.

Take note though that the Frontier Trail, from the tunnel to Thunder Canyon, is a scare zone (Screamworks.) The train doesn't run on Friday nights, so in order to avoid it, you'll have to walk all the way around the other side of the park. For example, getting from Millennium to Maverick would require you to backtrack to the main midway, then go down past Power Tower and around to the Gemini Midway. So plan your rides accordingly.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

I miss the Frontier Lift.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service