End of August Trip

My wife and I will be heading to the Point August 24-27, her first trip my second (first in 5 years). We arrive in the afternoon/early evening on Saturday and depart early afternoon on Tuesday.

Hopefully it isnt too terribly busy, but what should our plan of attack be for getting to ride everything at least once? Last time I went we had 2 full days with college friends and I dont think we rode everything, Maverick was very new and a 2 hour+ wait and it doesnt sound like that has changed.

Should we go to the park Saturday evening if only for a couple rides? We have platinum passes so we can get early entry on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. 1 day will try to get to Maverick first and one day will probably be gatekeeper first. Any recommendations? Where should we park since we are coming from off-site (found a great deal for $64/nt at maui sands)?

Reading a few threads it looks like Sunday we should try to go on Maverick first, then Millennium Force, then try to hit TTD for one of the first rides after 11:00am opening Beyond that I want to ride every coaster. Are the shorter operating hours going to pose a problem with squeezing everything in?

wow what are the chances of that. My husband and our teenage daughter and best friend are heading to cedar point for the exact same days! except we are driving down friday night, so we can spend sat there as well. We go this time every year. My birthday gift! Sat might be kinda busy, possibly even sunday. But Monday and tuesday will be fantastic days to catch up and ride everything. the last 3 years on the monday and tuesday around the 27th the longest wait we had was 45 mins, for top thrill. we walked off and straight back on a few times each for the maveric, mantis, and raptor. lets keep our fingers crossed for great weather and short lines :) now i just need to figure out if buying platinum season passes is worth it, or if i should stick with regular season passes!

If you park up front and walk around to the harbor entrance, you can get 2 rides on MF and 2 rides on mavrick in less than 1 hour. You have to be at the entrance before the park opens for ERT or it will not work. IF you wait until 1 hour before closing the gatekeeper line should be less than 20 minutes. None of this is valid on saturdays.

novak72 said:
If you park up front and walk around to the harbor entrance, you can get 2 rides on MF and 2 rides on mavrick in less than 1 hour. You have to be at the entrance before the park opens for ERT or it will not work. IF you wait until 1 hour before closing the gatekeeper line should be less than 20 minutes. None of this is valid on saturdays.

Thanks for the input guys! Only a couple days away now!

Is the harbor entrance the one right across from Famous Daves?

How do you think the park will be the Monday you are there? I wouldn't anticipate much crowds but with a new ride I don't know what to expect.

my husband and I are also going to cp on these days. we are big gatekeeper fans (70 rides this yr) we ride gk early entry and then the main thing is to get to maverick before the majority of fass pass make it to the back of the park.you shouldn't have any trouble riding all the coasters in the time you are there. go ahead and go in on Saturday andride a couple rides if youre not too tired since you have platinum passes it will probably be rather busy because its Saturday. enjoy your time at cp we always do!

yes its across from famous daves

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service