Plan of Attack

Hello all!

I will be going to the park next week (probably Tues & Wed). I am staying at Hotel Breakers. Would any of you mind sharing your plan of attack for riding the coasters (ride order)?

From what I understand, the Gatekeeper is near the front entrance (please correct me if I'm wrong), and I'm thinking that will be a fairly long wait... should I forgo the back entrance and just go to the front entrance instead to get this one tackled asap?

Also, just for fun, what coasters are your favorite and why? What should I expect? I've only been to one theme park before!

Thanks!

Why should we divuldge our secrets to a noob? :) Haha just messing with ya.

Honestly Gatekeeper will be hit regardless of what time of day or whatever. If it's running, they will wait. I honestly will just go to the back entrance and get ERT for my other rides knocked out so during the day I can devote time to gatekeeper versus doing gatekeeper and loosing time to knock out other rides while lines are small.

As for favorite rides. Honestly each ride is nice, it's the seat arrangement and harness position that make each ride it's unique element. Maverick very last row with a fist of room between your thigh and harness....wholy F***. Magnum 1st car third row or second car third row. For some reason that always feels the best airtime for me. Millie, back is nice, but I prefer the open view of 1st car 2nd row. Mantis, front far right, ect...Ride em and you'll learn what you like and don't like...I prefer being thrown around on loops, airtime hills, ect. and the outside seat g-forces like on mantis, ect.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

It seems that GateKeeper lines get shorter as the day goes by. With that in mind, I would use my early entry to go to the back of the park and work my way to the front later in the day. Maverick and then Milf during early entry - entering the park at the resort gate.

Friday and Saturday last week (as well as early last week based on the webcam) Gatekeepers first train from early entry didn't leave the station until at least 9:20 - Friday was after 9:35 so you probably would not get two rides in during early ride time. If you choose to do GK first, enter via the beach gate and you will beat those who enter via the main gate.

Cedar Point guest since 1974

If you are at the back gate before 9:00 you should be able to get to the dragster line before 10:00 (after riding both maverick and millie)

Fight the Shapers . . . Join the Resistance . . .
Save Humanity!

Thanks everyone for the help!

Is the back entrance easy to find from Hotel Breakers? If I ask the hotel for help getting there, will they know what I'm referring to?

The "Resort Gate" is the gate right by Magnum (north of the hotel) . There is a path/road from the beach/boardwalk that runs between Soak City and the Miniature Golf/Subway. Come out of the hotel from any door that faces the beach and turn left. Follow the boardwalk until it ends at the back of a parking lot - Follow that road towards the Subway/Mini Golf, Soak City will be on your right. The gate is in front of the Subway/Miniature Golf. You can see this on Google Maps if you look at the hotel. Google maps labels the path into the park as "Frontier Town Drive"

You can also ask at the front desk for the "Resort Entrance/Gate" and they will help you out.

Oh, and Krafty is right, if you start at Milf and work back to Maverick then you can be in line at TTD by 10 for one of it's first rides.

Last edited by 45Wheelgun,

If you want to tackle Gatekeeper, follow the boardwalk from Breakers to the beach entrance right next to Windseeker. That will be your best bet since you don't have to go around the games and merchandise buildings from the main entrance.

I will also be at the park on Tuesday and plan to ride Maverick and Millie during ERT. Slowly working our way towards the front of the park and towards the end of the day hitting GK and Raptor when wait times are minimal. Temps forcasted in the 60's which is pleasant for June.

Occupying lapbars and queue lines since 2003.

As for your question of what rides are my favorites, obviously the giant coasters (TTD, Millennium Force, Maverick) are amazing, but an underestimated ride with usually short lines is Blue Streak. That ride is actually really fun and packs a lot of air time. Another is Gemini. My favorite seat is red car, first seat, right side, as you get the view, and you can high five the people on the blue train. The whole racing element is really fun and lines are usually pretty short for that too. Mean Streak isn't the worst. It's not the best, but it's not too bad in my opinion. The less trims, the better the ride. The best part is I've never had to wait in line for it. Iron Dragon is pretty fun for a family coaster, and usually has relatively short lines. Wicked Twister is actually one of my favorites. Before GateKeeper, the lines would always be really short unless it was a busy day. Now they're a little bit longer, but its worth the wait if its a half hour or less. So definitely try Blue Streak and Gemini as they usually have really short lines and provide a fun ride.

hellinheels - How did it go?

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service