Sandcastle Suites vs. Breakers

Have two kids and two adults. Room quality only -which is best? Thanks.

How old are your kids? Reason i ask, is that its a longer walk out to Sandcastle, especially with little kids.

I prefer the Breakers Tower or East sections of Hotel Breakers. Sandcastle is all suites and are cheaper than the suites at Breakers, but are just a bit smaller than the suites at breakers. Quality, if you stay in the tower or east section of breakers, i would say they are probably equal to the sandcastle rooms. We usually stay in the 2 queen rooms at breakers tower or east. We prefer being closer to the entrances/exits with our kids, plus the atmosphere is better!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

We are currently debating this question for this summer too!

I like that at Breakers there are a couple shops and restaurants to entertain the kiddies as well. I've found it nice for my husband to take them for a little walk to get a snack while it's quiet for a minute in our room.

The rooms are comparable between the two. You really can't go wrong with either. I do think Sandcastle was just rehabbed maybe 2 years ago?

Many trips to Cedar Point as a kid, and now many trips as a Mom

Most Recent Trip: Spring 2012
Currently Planning: Summer 2013

Not much of a difference room wise -- there is a HUGE difference when it comes to noise level and seclusion though --

If you want a quiet room where you don't hear your neighbors, then Sandcastle Suites is the place to go. Breakers can get really noisy at night, with slamming doors in the hallways and kids running up and down the hallways late into the night. It IS more convenient with more to do...

So I think the two things you really need for comparison purposes are both "convenience" as well as "noise" -- if one outweighs the other, your choice is made.

I feel that sandcastle is louder in the hallways and rooms than the breakers. I usually stay in a room on the 3rd floor in breakers east, which is the top floor in that section, so noise really isnt an issue. I dont like hearing stomping from a room above us. There is a 4th floor in the east, but i think in that section, the top floor (4th) is just suites.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service