Going to the beach and not the park?

Hello! I'm going to the park on June 1,2,3 and 4. We're only planning on going to the park on the 3rd, and I was wondering how to get to the CP beach without having to get INTO the park. I know I'd have to pay for parking, but where would I go from there? Thanks! :)

Go to the far left toll booth and ask to go to the back parking lot. They'll direct you to the lot next to Magnum and Gemini. From that lot go under Magnum and look for Hotel Breakers. Head towards Breakers and follow the sidewalk that leads to the beach.

Connor Frame
Meadowbrook FFA

Thanks so much!

Alternately, from the Magnum / Gemini lot head straight to Soak City and follow the sidewalk outside Soak City towards Breakers, it will lead you straight to the beach.

Side note, if you tell the parking people you are thinking of getting a bite to eat at TGIF first you may be able to park in the Breakers parking lot. If you are carrying a lot of stuff with you, that will save you about a 10 minute walk from the Magnum / Gemini lot to the beach.

They will not permit you to park in the Breakers lot if you are eating at TGIF -- you still have to park in the Soak City lot.

Ok, I'm sure Ron might be technically right. I do go to just the beach once or twice a year and no one has ever given me a hard time about parking in the Breakers lot. Most of the time, once you get to the back of the park and you get to the second parking / security booth before the Breakers lot, you can just drive slowly past the booth and give a friendly smile and wave at the security guy and drive on past like you own the place. I have never seen the security guy (or girl) do anything but sit back down and look at the next car. If they do stop you, you can always play like you are the dumb tourist (I'm good at that) and you didn't know where you were going. It's worth it for the shorter walk.

Last edited by The PointGuru,

I am so confused on how one would be going to Cedar Point and not into the actual park.

Since the park insist on expanding its money grubbing practices of charging exorbitant extra charges for every single little thing many people try to find value at the park anyway they can. Since the park wants to charge extra for things like parking, Soak City, and Challenge Park guest are permitted to drive to those attractions which are technically outside the park. One of the hidden gems (ok I know it's not hidden and it is how the park was founded) of the park that many people don't utilize is the beach. It is free for park guest. It is well maintained and since it is on a peninsula the water quality (remembering it is still Lake Erie so I use that term loosely) is usually better than beaches on the mainland. While the parks beach can get crowded, it usually doesn't get as bad as other public beaches and there tends to be less riff raff in the guest at the beach. As the beach is right by Hotel Breakers the amenities like gift shops, ice cream, and decent restrooms are much closer than other beaches. It also just has the cool atmosphere and energy of the amusement park behind you and the lake in front of you while you are laying on the beach. Basically, to answer your question; if you are just going to the beach for the day, for some people it is worth it to pay $15 for parking to use a nicer beach.

Well, were going Saturday - Tuesday, but only wanna go to the park on Monday so we figured Sunday would be a nice day to spend on the beach. We really don't want to spend extra money just for the water park. Haha

Alternatively, you could also go to East Harbor State Park on the other side of the bay where they have a very nice beach that you don't have to pay to use. Unless, of course, you just want the experience of being on the beach with the park in the background (which I admit is kind of cool).

Thanks for the tips guys! We had a great trip. We ended up doing Castaway Bay, eating at Jack's Deli, and going to the Thomas Edison museum. It was honestly too cold for the beach! LOL. But, since I'm a history buff and love anything to do with it, the Thomas Edison Museum was WELL worth it.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service