2013 Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus

Hi Guys - I have a few questions if you don't mind.

I live in Boston and attending opening day, with confirmed reservations at Lighthouse Point.

If the weather is good, I know the park will be a zoo and definitely buying a FLP, but if the weather is bad, I'm not sure if it will be needed.

1) So how early do I need to buy it?
2) Will I still need a FLP if the weather is drizzle or rain?
3) How limited is the number of passes they sell for a given day?
4) With the FLP, any quesses on typical FLP wait times for the big 5 (GK, TTD, MF, Maverick, Raptor)

Thanks

Tom

http://www.coasterfanatics.com/sec_members/member_ridelist.asp?id=106009"] [img]http://coasterfanatics.com/banners/rl_106009.jpg[/img][url][url]

Slippery said:How about June 16,17,18 is it a big difference in crowds now that school is out and the warmer weather? But since it is still on a Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday will i need a flp pass? We went last year during Memorial weekend and we bought the FP and was very happy with it!! On Saturday there was a 1.5 hour wait for the Maverick and My boy and I only waited 5mins with FP!! This year we planned it during the week and wondering if someone could tell me what they have experienced for crowds during these dates in June. Thanks for any reply.

June 16 is Father's Day! So there are large crowds there for the day, for 2 reasons. The last 2 years it's been the day of the Cedar POint 5K and a large group comes out to the park traditionally that day. We go that week ever year, we will be there 16-21, and there are very light lines. I'm not from Ohio but I'm not sure if school is out yet there, we have never had any trouble riding anything that week. Last year on the Wednesday of that week, we rode every coaster by 1 P.M. Also if you are going that week and staying at a CP resort, use the promo code "RETURN" when booking.

Maverick00 said:
If you think about Disney, you don't get to the very front of the line on most attractions there either.

From what I remember about Disney, aren't all the FASTPASS merge points usually right before the ride's pre-show?

Yes. They also merge Space Mountain pretty early too. I think Expeditin Everest is one of the only rides that take you to the very front.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

But "right before the ride's pre-show" is the very front.

I just wish they would go back to Freeway. Anyone getting to skip the line for two rides for free. The times were a bit annoying, especially if they were spread out in the day as it made middle of the day Soak City stops a bit short. Maybe they could get rid of the time. With limited stamps available, people that were waiting in the regular line were not delayed too much and people using their Freeway didn't get the stink eye like Fastlane users have gotten. Of course the fact it was free was also very cool.

Tom said:
Hi Guys - I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) So how early do I need to buy it?
2) Will I still need a FLP if the weather is drizzle or rain?
3) How limited is the number of passes they sell for a given day?
4) With the FLP, any quesses on typical FLP wait times for the big 5 (GK, TTD, MF, Maverick, Raptor)

Thanks

Tom

1) You should be able to buy it on opening day, but I would make that your first stop if you do buy it then.
2) Given that it's opening day, and there's a shiny new coaster, it's probably going to be pretty packed regardless. That is, unless this snow keeps coming...
3) I'm sure someone knows this, but I believe it's around 500-600.
4) Tough to say, but last year on very crowded days, I heard of 45-minute waits for bigger rides with fast pass.

Last edited by Dvo,

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Does anyone know how many FLP passes there will be available each day?

They had an interesting comment on CNBC this morning concerning the Federal Budget cutbacks and how they will impact the TSA wait times at the airports when going through security.

Would you pay more in airfare to use a separate security screening line that would get you to the gate faster?

No one seemed interested in the concept - but it sounds a lot like Fast Lane.

Now if we could get CP to hire more ride ops with glandular conditions and change the uniforms to spandex - we could possibly start an exchange program between the two!

SteveH said:
Would you pay more in airfare to use a separate security screening line that would get you to the gate faster?

No one seemed interested in the concept - but it sounds a lot like Fast Lane.

So if you pay more, you are not considered as dangerous to fly on an airplane?

Or there's the infinitely more logical option: paid TSA FOL access simply lets you use a shorter (and thus faster) security checkpoint line.

Brandon

In order to ensure a shorter (and thus faster) line, the security would eventually be lax. Imagine paying more and still be selected for a pat down. It wouldn't be successful.

Sause said:
In order to ensure a shorter (and thus faster) line, the security would eventually be lax.

That's a complete assumption on your part. The time savings would presumably be found via shorter or non-existent lines, rather than lackadaisical security procedures.

Imagine paying more and still be selected for a pat down. It wouldn't be successful.

It would if... wait for it... the lines weren't as long! :)

The TSA already offers an expedited screening process: "TSA Pre-check", though this is obviously different from what we're discussing here.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

I don't fly often. But, I know there are already premium lines some places. The Continental terminal in Cleveland has a premium line (on the left I believe) that I assume is for elite miles members and possible wheel chair access. On the right there is an additional by-pass line (that I assume is for employees).

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

And many airlines also offer ticket upgrades for boarding first, extra legroom, etc. And I've taken advantage of such upgrades in certain situations (e.g. 9 hour flights), and totally felt my purchase was worth it.

Brandon

Best thing I ever did.

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-pre%E2%9C%93%E2%84%A2

Last edited by Red Garter Rob,

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

I fly around 20 segments a year. I signed up for TSA Pre✓ when it was first offered, but I've yet to be selected. The elite access lines work well, though. :)

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

djDaemon said:

The TSA already offers an expedited screening process: "TSA Pre-check", though this is obviously different from what we're discussing here.

What I meant was if someone can just walk up to the counter and pay a little extra to go through a shorter line. I truly don't believe that would be very secure, or as secure as they want (which is the reason they increased all of the TSA requirements in the first place).

A frequent flier program that would allow you to use a shorter line (such as the premium line that Jason Hammond mentioned, and the screening process quoted above) is completely different, and in that case would make sense.

Last edited by Sause,

Jason Hammond said:
I don't fly often. But, I know there are already premium lines some places. The Continental terminal in Cleveland has a premium line (on the left I believe) that I assume is for elite miles members and possible wheel chair access. On the right there is an additional by-pass line (that I assume is for employees).

You really don't fly often :). Continental is gone, unfortunately.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Sause said:

What I meant was if someone can just walk up to the counter and pay a little extra to go through a shorter line. I truly don't believe that would be very secure, or as secure as they want (which is the reason they increased all of the TSA requirements in the first place).

Your argument makes absolutely no sense.

So if what you're saying is true, if I usually fly on low-volume days (which I do) and wait in little or no security line, I must be on some really un-safe flights.

It would be much safer to fly the day before Thanksgiving, when the lines are really long. <sarcasm>

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service