Rides that might be removed in the next few years

buckeyesbrownsindianscavs said:

RideMan said:
... parallel midway from the Blue Streak dead end, past the marina gate and connecting back where Wildcat was. Cedars becomes the new alignment for Perimeter Road, eliminating the S curve there, and the new major attraction goes right where the Turnpikes are; the Cadillacs get re-routed. ...

Great idea, but wouldn't we have to get rid of the Turnpike Cars.

You missed that it was a follow-up to my earlier statement identifying the Calypso and Turnpike Cars as the two most endangered rides in the park?

The other issue is that while children are big enough to drive the Antique and Cadillac cars, most adults are too big to drive the Turnpike Cars (at least with their kids aboard). That's why I think the Antiques and Cadillacs will outlast the Turnpikes.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Good point.

The god of speculation

Maverick00 said:
They watch this forum and they do read the feedback we give. Whether any projects have ever come from PointBuzz? Who knows but they do read these.

Somehow, I highly doubt each part of your post.

Well you shouldn't. They read all these forums. Don't you think they wanna know what we're saying about them? On Kings Island's forum, Don will actually participate in the discussion and answer our questions.

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Yeah, I know people who have been fired from the park from posting on these forums. I've also gotten memos from the park concerning what you can and cannot post online about the park. So, yes, they do watch the forums.

There were also people who were fired recently for using one of those meme generators to create memes the park did not like seeing.

like these
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35fpv7/
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35fmbv/
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35fm0o/
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35h9er/
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35gjjx/

Then leadership does these:
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35gqin/
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35gqj6/

Last edited by liebevision,

I was hoping the ride up the causeway would be removed in exchange for a monorail, allowing for expansion further into the parking lot and keeping all present rides...but Gatekeeper kind of shot that wishful thinking down in flames.

Bossmccann said:
I really like that idea. It would definitely be expensive though with a new road I would think.

Believe it or not, they've rerouted that road many times over the years, including for CP/LE railroad use. Before 1967 (when Frontiertown was built) did you know that the perimeter road used to cut over to the right (where the marina entrance is now) through the main midway (underneath Sky ride), to the left of Pagoda gift shop and right of Scrambler, and connect to the front of the Breakers hotel? That was the main path before they rerouted it later on in the mid 60's all the way around the peninsula to where it is today. Hard to believe I know but I have pictures of it.

CPfan1976 said:
A member on here named Cedar King brought up this idea back in October in the old Troika thread, I think it's the most feasible, but I would expand on it and take down the CP Cinema also (to create more available land), or at least the unused staging area in one half of the cinema. That location by the marina (south of CP/LE station and north of Blue Streak and behind the Dodgems and Cadillac Cars) seems very ideal for sprucing up like said before. Note: he photoshopped? the proposed red coaster and flat ride over the current employee dorms.

Here, I (Cedar King,kinda) visualized this Idea.
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g399/ShippudenMan/plot-3.png

***However this model doesn't include; The Marina Gate, Any locations for food or shops, Que lines or backstage areas***

Grey: New Midway
Black: Perimeter Road
Red: Small Flat ride (Same Size as Troika)
Green: Large Flat ride (same size as Skyhawk)
Blue: Land for Potential Coasters (You can see I used Mantis's second half to show scale)

I like this plan.

I absolutely LOVE this. A smaller coaster (maybe a new wild mouse) could be built in the area where Turnpike cars are, and a larger coaster either wood or steel could be built in the place of the dorms. Plus a large thrilling flat ride and a small family flat ride. This plan would be perfect in many ways. It would spruce up and revitalize this section of the park and would attract more people to Blue Streak, and both large, thrilling rides would added to please the thrill seekers as well as smaller, family rides to help fill that gap and please families.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

45Wheelgun said:
Really? That is the deadest forum I have seen in a while. Only 2 threads with posts about CP in 2013. Not a lot of credibility if you ask me. Clearly this forum has significantly more traffic and therefore more credibility.

Check out GeaugaLakeToday.com Now that is a dead site because they probably ran out of things to complain about.

As for removals, I strongly believe Kiddie Kingdom will be going soon (Thank God). It's too outdated. I also feel like Turnpike Cars will be removed along with a relocation of Calypso. I agree with a lot of you that the Blue Streak area of the park needs altered. That area of the park is overlooked by many because there is only one way in and one way out via the little walk way under Raptor. I love that drawn out plan CPfan1976 posted the link to on the other page! I hope to God perimeter road is rerouted like that too.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

I couldn't agree with you more. But if they take the altering too far and get rid of Blue Streak, I'm going to flip out. I have a feeling that you guys would do the same if they take Blue Streak out. (which they won't)

The god of speculation

CPfan1976 said:

Bossmccann said:
I really like that idea. It would definitely be expensive though with a new road I would think.

Believe it or not, they've rerouted that road many times over the years, including for CP/LE railroad use. Before 1967 (when Frontiertown was built) did you know that the perimeter road used to cut over to the right (where the marina entrance is now) through the main midway (underneath Sky ride), to the left of Pagoda gift shop and right of Scrambler, and connect to the front of the Breakers hotel? That was the main path before they rerouted it later on in the mid 60's all the way around the peninsula to where it is today. Hard to believe I know but I have pictures of it.

Really? Thanks for sharing. I never knew that but it seems like that would be a difficult thing to do

Last edited by Bossmccann,

^What's wrong with Corkscrew. I't doesn't suffer severe downtime, popular (due to location), high capacity, and adds to the atmosphere. The only reason I can see this coming down is if a new ride/coaster replaces it and interacts better with the midway. Honestly, what better way to do that than to have two iconic & unique corkscrews right over the midway? Dragster and Power Tower already attract guest to that area. From a business prospective, there is NO need to remove Corkscrew, other than It being old.

If Corkscrew is to go, it's going to be replaced by something better, which again, why make an investment like this when there is no need? I can't see any coaster replacing it other than another launch coaster. Which to be honest, Dragster will certainly detract any attention from an adjacent launch coaster. Although if it is to be "Racing" themed, CP could pull it off. Having Dragster,Gemini and another Racing coaster could really prove effective for marketing.

The best thing to do with Corkscrews space is to invest into something new that the park hasn't tried yet. Meaning: not another coaster. What that could be, I don't have a clue.

Now for my opinion on ride removals.

Cedar Creek Mine Ride needs demolished. AND replaced by a newer family "western" themed coaster. If it interacts with the water and has some low-to-the ground portions like Maverick, it could be a real seller. CP needs a "good" family coaster. CCMR is nice, but really isn't up to today's standards, nor does it appeal to the family market. People just see "ohh my kids can ride that", but it isn't the greatest experience. All in all, something much better could be built in its location.

GIANT WHEEL.
No, not a removal, but yet another relocation. But to where you ask? If Corkscrew is removed (unlikely) it would go great in the freed up space of Corkscrew. Honestly, the current location is terrible. The lake view is nice, but not 200'+ away. If it was pushed out more on the lake like WindSeeker, it would be fine. It's just in a sea of concrete and the beach is cut off by Wicked Twister, not the ideal spot for a site seeing ride. If it is relocated in the former Corkscrew spot, it should be surrounded by greenery and the new attraction. OR it could go in the old Cedar Dorms location, which is probably the better option. It could be part of a new area, and is certain to attract attention.

Last edited by Cedar King,

^ Cedar King you bring up good points. Here is a thought I had. I cannot see Corkscrew being removed unless the manufacturer quits making parts for the ride which some of you might know better than me if that is the case already. In that case, you would see a newer corkscrew made by someone such as Intamin. As far as Cedar Creek mine ride goes, they need to make it more fun. So if that is ever removed, make it as intense as the one at Kings Island. I've heard kids get off of that and say that was boring.

Hi, I'm a new member but I have been reading this site since about 2006. I understand that a boardwalk being built at the point has been talked to death over the years but I think that a boardwalk with rides may be possible in the future. If you look at this photo you can see space between GK first turn and the Giant Wheel where the entrance to the boardwalk can start.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151203086701463&set=a.319...=1&theater

They could then move the Giant Wheel onto the boardwalk. Then they could possibly move calypso there as well and maybe refurbish it so it could look like it did back when it was first built.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-8-x-10-Photo-Cedar-Point-Amusement-...0729655528

This would open the way for the turnpike cars to be removed.

Ride On_17 said:

CPfan1976 said:
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g399/ShippudenMan/plot-3.png

I absolutely LOVE this. A smaller coaster (maybe a new wild mouse) could be built in the area where Turnpike cars are, and a larger coaster either wood or steel could be built in the place of the dorms. Plus a large thrilling flat ride and a small family flat ride. This plan would be perfect in many ways. It would spruce up and revitalize this section of the park and would attract more people to Blue Streak, and both large, thrilling rides would added to please the thrill seekers as well as smaller, family rides to help fill that gap and please families.

I think one of those flat ride spots would be an amazing spot for a new observation tower.

And, I think a fun carnival-type ride (like Troika) would be amazing right there. Trick it out with speakers, and a crazy LED package and make it part of the Luminosity experience.

Last edited by Gravity,

2003 - Wicked Twister
2004 - Wicked Twister/Top Thrill Dragster

Removing Kiddie Kingdom because it is 'outdated' is rather laughable... how many 3-7 year olds have a concept of what is dated?

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

It is not laughable. It is one of the first things guests see.

^I guess that accounts for the innumerable complaints and lack of ridership.

This is the kind of stuff that resulted in the lack of activity at TPOL; endless 'what is going next' threads with arguments based exclusively on cosmetic observations like 'it's old'.

Last edited by We-o-we-oooo,

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

The best thing to do with Corkscrews space is to invest into something new that the park hasn't tried yet. Meaning: not another coaster. What that could be, I don't have a clue.

Whenever CP attempts another height record, I feel the area corkscrew inhabits and the surrounding land could be efficient to house a large enough lift hill. But that would be further down the road, as I'm pretty sure family rides will be their main focus in the upcoming years.

As for what you said about Mine Ride, I agree. If they could pull off a truly outstanding family ride (theming, hype, appearance, etc. [which I believe they can]) then it may be well worth MR's demolition.

^I guess that accounts for the innumerable complaints and lack of ridership.

This is the kind of stuff that resulted in the lack of activity at TPOL; endless 'what is going next' threads with arguments based exclusively on cosmetic observations like 'it's old'.

Judging an entire topic based on one comment? On the contrary, this subject is a great way to come up with new ideas on what we feel could provide for a nice change to the park. I like imagining how CP will evolve over time, it's a fun subject that allows us to share creative ideas.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

I wouldn't have a problem with CCMR leaving. That is a very nice piece of land that is situated in a great area.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service