Rides that might be removed in the next few years

I think that Kiddie Kingdom will be the first one on that list to go. It's just extremely outdated and doesn't really look good. I'd like to see them expand Planet to the area that the Kingdom is, and possibly have another nice kids coaster. I'd also like to see the area by Blue Streak getting something new and get some attention.

2010: Millennium Force & Mantis
2011: Raptor
2012: Raptor, Sky Ride and Wicked Twister
2013: Co-Team Leader of Sky Ride
2014: Supervisor of Slingshot/Skyscraper

buckeyesbrownsindianscavs said:
I was reading TPO's forum and a lot of guys at TPO think that Corkscrew's days are numbered. What do you guys think?

I can see that happening, but the question is this. Would they have enough space to create something else in it's place?

Yeah, a kid's coaster in Planet Snoopy would be nice. Maybe like the wooden Woodstock Expresses at the Paramount Parks, but we couldn't call it Woodstock Express because we already have one. CP should hire Intamin to rebuild Wildcat and put it in the area by Blue Streak.(not right now because we have had enough Intamin)

The god of speculation

I think that is the next coaster to go but I don't see it leaving for many years.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

TPO?

The Point Online

The god of speculation

Corkscrew itself doesn't take up much space, but the buildings around it do. If they ever wanted to use that space for something else, I'd imagine corkscrew would be gone.

If Gold Dorms and those other buildings are removed, and IF Corkscrew goes along with them... I'd love to see a larger coaster built in it's place that still has a double corkscrew over the midway.

Update the ride, keep the iconic bits.

2003 - Wicked Twister
2004 - Wicked Twister/Top Thrill Dragster

RideMan said:
The noises I have been hearing are the same noises everybody else has been hearing. There has been talk of clearing out the old resort space on the bay side along the perimeter (Cedars), landmark status be damned. Add to that the rumor that Wildcat was already on the chopping block before Luminosity hastened its demise, and it stands to reason that now that the Oceana midway has been incompletely redeveloped, the next logical major expansion would be a parallel midway from the Blue Streak dead end, past the marina gate and connecting back where Wildcat was. Cedars becomes the new alignment for Perimeter Road, eliminating the S curve there, and the new major attraction goes right where the Turnpikes are; the Cadillacs get re-routed.

I don't actually know anything, I am just sort of trying to channel Mr. Decker. I have barely met the man, but I feel like I am getting a feel for his work... 8-)

This is exactly what I've invisioned. Adding a new midway that connects the area by Blue Streak over near Luminosity.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Gravity said:
... I'd love to see a larger coaster built in it's place that still has a double corkscrew over the midway.

Update the ride, keep the iconic bits.

This is a smart way to expand a mature park. I wouldn't miss the Corkscrew if it were replaced by something better, but I would miss walking under the "corkscrew" to get to the back of the park. It's classic Cedar Point magic. I would do the same thing with the Mine Ride. Keep the themed entrance and exit and have a similar helix at the end of the ride and the rest could be a new, marketable attraction.

Long time lurker who used to be JUMBO JET.

That reminds me of Big Bad Wolf/Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. They removed a classic coaster but kept a signature element on Verbolten.

Last edited by Maverick00,

RideMan said:
The noises I have been hearing are the same noises everybody else has been hearing. There has been talk of clearing out the old resort space on the bay side along the perimeter (Cedars), landmark status be damned. Add to that the rumor that Wildcat was already on the chopping block before Luminosity hastened its demise, and it stands to reason that now that the Oceana midway has been incompletely redeveloped, the next logical major expansion would be a parallel midway from the Blue Streak dead end, past the marina gate and connecting back where Wildcat was. Cedars becomes the new alignment for Perimeter Road, eliminating the S curve there, and the new major attraction goes right where the Turnpikes are; the Cadillacs get re-routed.

I don't actually know anything, I am just sort of trying to channel Mr. Decker. I have barely met the man, but I feel like I am getting a feel for his work... 8-)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Great idea, but wouldn't we have to get rid of the Turnpike Cars.

The god of speculation

buckeyesbrownsindianscavs said:
I was reading TPO's forum and a lot of guys at TPO think that Corkscrew's days are numbered. What do you guys think?

So I went over there to check it out.

"...a lot of guys at TPO think..."

Really? That is the deadest forum I have seen in a while. Only 2 threads with posts about CP in 2013. Not a lot of credibility if you ask me. Clearly this forum has significantly more traffic and therefore more credibility.

Sometimes you need to shop around to find out how nice you have it. Thanks PointBuzz!

Amen

The god of speculation

A member on here named Cedar King brought up this idea back in October in the old Troika thread, I think it's the most feasible, but I would expand on it and take down the CP Cinema also (to create more available land), or at least the unused staging area in one half of the cinema. That location by the marina (south of CP/LE station and north of Blue Streak and behind the Dodgems and Cadillac Cars) seems very ideal for sprucing up like said before. Note: he photoshopped? the proposed red coaster and flat ride over the current employee dorms.

Here, I (Cedar King,kinda) visualized this Idea.
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g399/ShippudenMan/plot-3.png

***However this model doesn't include; The Marina Gate, Any locations for food or shops, Que lines or backstage areas***

Grey: New Midway
Black: Perimeter Road
Red: Small Flat ride (Same Size as Troika)
Green: Large Flat ride (same size as Skyhawk)
Blue: Land for Potential Coasters (You can see I used Mantis's second half to show scale)

I like this plan.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

I love that plan.

I really like that idea. It would definitely be expensive though with a new road I would think.

Excellent plan, if only the CF executives would listen to us.

The god of speculation

They watch this forum and they do read the feedback we give. Whether any projects have ever come from PointBuzz? Who knows but they do read these.

Oh, so they ARE seeing my ideas. YES!

The god of speculation

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service