Closing Weekend 2008

Well it's that time of the year again folks. The season is coming to a close after a fun summer. Will you be attending the park closing weekend? Perhaps just closing day? Post when you will be attending and we can plan a group meet up to celebrate a fun season coming to a close.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Hi, it is my wedding anniversary on Halloween. We are arriving friday night and staying until Sunday but will likely be offsite Sat. We are at breakers east.

I'm going out to get some air.

Will be in Sandusky Friday through Sunday... Planning on staying at Bayshore... Sad to see another season come to a close!

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

I'll be leaving Lansing around 1pm or so Friday to head to Sandusky. Hopefully Matt will be coming along. Not sure on any further plans, but I'll be in the park Friday, Saturday and Sunday cloasing weekend.

I'll be there all that week too.

2007 trips=39..08 trips=47..09 trips=79
maverick rides=143
dragster rollbacks=27

I'll be there at least on Sunday for closing day, maybe more.

I'm planning on staying the weekend, just not sure where I'll be staying yet. Any bus stations in Sandusky?

Goodbye MrScott

John

I will be attending a football game that Saturday, but with the later opening and the fact we get an extra hour that night (back to standard time) Ill probably be there Closing Day.

There's a Greyhound station in Sandusky on US250.

I've got my hotel reserved.

I'll be there all weekend

Terror Island Screamster 08', 09', 10', 11'

I hope to leave Windsor by 4 on Friday. There's a group of 5 of us heading down and already have our cabin booked at LHP. We'll be there until close on Sunday.

Vince982 said:
I hope to leave Windsor by 4 on Friday. There's a group of 5 of us heading down and already have our cabin booked at LHP. We'll be there until close on Sunday.

I live in Windsor and am also leaving at 4. Perhaps I will see you at the bridge.

Just booked my cabin for the weekend. Although the forecast is for a week and a half out, it's funny to see what Accuweather is currently calling for on closing weekend:

Friday: Rain/Snow -- High: 46 / Low: 30
Saturday: Snow Showers -- High: 46 / Low: 30
Sunday: Snow Showers -- High: 46 / Low: 29

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Bring it on.

Crazy Canucks. :)

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

In May on my birthday I wished I had brought mittens. I wont forget them this time.

If its that cold, I wont go. Did that once, do not want to do that again.

Looking like the Pillsbury Doughboy due to massive layers just to ride is not worth it, for one I cant even fit on a ride that has a OTSR with my parka, fleece, and a sweatshirt on and two, its just not fun. Remember, that Sunday is the first day of standard time, the sun will be setting before 7 pm, that wind off the lake at that temp just sucks, and Im from Wisconsin. I will not hesitate to go to a football game in that weather nor do some winter sport, but going 120 mph is just too much.

Earlier this year I had planned on going closing weekend, but we'll be moving to a new home very soon and now all our money is tied up in that.

I also can't afford another season pass until the spring. So our last trip was in June.

Hope everyone has a good time :)

Bah, that's the best times I've had at the Point, when it's sleeting or right on the verge of snowing.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

And you call Vince a crazy Canuck?

Crazy . . . um, Keystone stater!

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service