Closing Weekend 2008

Snow and sleet are fun until you're on Corkscrew. Then you really start wondering why they need 3 trains when 2 of them do nothing but sit outside the station waiting for the 3rd to move while you get hypothermia and frostbite.

Goodbye MrScott

John

My concern would be the availability of rides that don't operate with pricipitation but the most recent forecasts show it is no longer expected to be snowy or sleety.

Last edited by mermaidsair,

I'm going out to get some air.

Ok, I lied but it is only supposed to snow on the friday.

His name is Loopy....

Last edited by Touchdown,

Thanks Touchdown!...............I think.

On another note, apparently it's not just Ohioans that use unnecessary articles. Unless of course it's normal in Canada to call a day of the week "the friday". ;)

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

I am writing 2 major assignments this week. This is my escape. Please ignore my spelling and grammar :(

I need a break...

Loopy,

After further thought I have decided that calling it "the friday" is best.

To state it is only to snow friday would lead one to believe it would be this friday but it is rather the friday in a weekend we are discussing and not this friday.

It is the friday of the closing weekend.

It works.

Admitedly I suck at grammar and spelling regardless of my journalism degree but I think I may have that one.

It wasn't really to point out your error, it's an ongoing joke here about Ohioan's overuse of "the" before everything.

"The Maverick"
"The Dragster"
"The Gemini"

Now that we've taken it to this level it's lost what small bit of humor it had left. :)

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

Sorry for ruining the joke.

I'll be there Sunday.

Jason

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so infrequently used?

Wow, I can't believe it's already that time again.:( This year went by really quick.
Anywho, ya'll who know me know I'll be there for sunday. I wouldnt miss it for the world. And while I would be going all weekend, halloween is obviously friday and Im doing my yearly haunted house. I'd leave saturday if I could but I need the whole day to take down the maze.

I'll see you guys there for the last trip for another 6 months.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I'll likely be there on Sunday.

I know that crowds are very unpredictable, but can anyone here tell me what the crowds have been like at the last few closing days. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Just another coaster junkie at Point Buzz

Not any huge crowds to speak of. Probably an hour for Maverick will be the longest line, around half an hour for Millennium and Dragster and everything else will probably be close to walk on. Expect the lines to get shorter and shorter as the afternoon goes on.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

We have our reservations for Bayshore, and hopefully we will be down for early entrance on Friday. As long as they do trick or treating here on Thursday instead of Friday. Otherwise we won't be down until Saturday. It has become a family tradition, this will be our 3rd year of closing weekend, and we wouldn't miss is for anything.

Season Pass holder since 2006
I <3 HalloWeekends!

I'll be up there on sunday. Last ride on MF. Hard to believe its that time of year again..just when gas is down and its affordable to go. Seems like it was just opening day.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

I hate that too! Stupid gas prices! :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Now that gas prices have plummeted (convienantly after I buy a gas friendly car) the canadian dollar plummits. I am paying little for gas but my room just got 25% more expensive, alas...

Fortunately I bought a lot of American money at par months ago so this trip will be "free" for me. And I booked my cabin when the exchange rate was good. So I guess I am lucky. I just wish I would have bought more...

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Do you still have to pay for one night in the cabin?

My guess is it just went from $225 including taxes to about $275 but that is your only loss if you have your spending money already.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service