Cedar Point Coaster Models

I was mesering from the table to the seiling and it's about 5'. But I am thinking in between 4'7" and 4'10" tall. Or so high that the trains have enough room to make it over.
wait your making it out of Knex or what, your making a working TTD Model from Scratch....godd luck to you.

FunkyJive said:
I also started a small ttd model. Right now the three dowel rods have been screwed in and the liquid nails are drying. My ttd is only about 10 inches tall.

is it 10 inches tall, total or 10 inches so far?, because if you could make a large TTD of Dow rods that would be awsome, i was going to do that also, but i decided to use toothpicks, because if i mess up, well i got alot of toothpicks, & this also makes it so i can fit it into a small space like on a dressser or somewhere else it would be easy to display

Yes I am making my TTD out of k'nex. I'm thinking about making the tower out of long wooden dow rods and paint them bright yellow. And I have a HO scale train that goes around the outer edges of the ply wood and would go under the TTD track. Joe@cp04, how do you make the track for a working Power Tower model. I can bulid the center and supports, but I can't finger out how to make the track on the sides.
I am makin a top thrill dragster out of knex but i cant figure out how to keep the track on it without it poping back off on the turns or how to get the rubberbands to streach out without it pullin the peices off. Any ideas? *** Edited 9/11/2004 4:06:45 PM UTC by cpJakecp***
ugh...Power Tower is so hard to explaine ok This is what i do

take 4 of the green screamin serpent track pieces, & connect them with four blue connector rods so it makes a box

then well you make another box exactly & space it about 2 inches from the other one, & keep doing that untill the tower is how ever tall you want it, connect them all with the longer grey rods

put the track on it, paint it, & at the top take thoes long bending rods, & make the top of Power Tower, use your own judgement

What do you mean cpJakecp, do you mean the hole track (light green or yellow parts). Or the hole track together is poping off of your supports. If thats the case, then it sounds like ether the red or purple rails are to tight or the light colors fex rods are too tight. Or the center track dividers aren't in the right spot. I don't know, see if that helps at all.
it on the twist on the way down im thinkin about usin super glue.

Jake

well my track sometimes comes off the yellow connectors, but its only because it twists too tight, & about the rubberbands what pieces could it rip off *** Edited 9/12/2004 3:29:46 AM UTC by Joe@cp04***
I would say try to smooth your twist out to get the tightness out of it. Strangthen your supports that hold the twist together.
yeah, ot just a thought, but you could shorten up the launch track by just a hair, then you would have some slack, & this would also help pervent any furthur problems.
Ok thanks for the help.

Jake

yup, & i thinking im getting another screamin serpent today, so i will get to finish, or almost finish my Knex Millennium Force, it stands about4 feet tall, My Top Thrill is about 6 feet tall, so it should be done in about a week, if it ships soon.

Joe@cp04 said:

FunkyJive said:
I also started a small ttd model. Right now the three dowel rods have been screwed in and the liquid nails are drying. My ttd is only about 10 inches tall.

is it 10 inches tall, total or 10 inches so far?, because if you could make a large TTD of Dow rods that would be awsome, i was going to do that also, but i decided to use toothpicks, because if i mess up, well i got alot of toothpicks, & this also makes it so i can fit it into a small space like on a dressser or somewhere else it would be easy to display

10 inches totall hieght. I have 3 of the dowel rods screwed into the base and liquid nails just to make sure it doesent fall apart (like my dissaster transport carddboard and scotch tape model). Right now im getting read to make the rods yellow by gluing on this little wooden sticks that i have from this little modeling kit. I will use balsa wood to make the cross braces and also the track. Unfortunattly because of the base size i wont be able to do the station. This is good and bad. Good-it saves me a lot of work. Bad-the station is a huge focall point.

my Toothpick TTD is only 7 inches in total height, but i plan to make a station, & little trains, but ill just have to wait & see., & Blasa Wood, is that easy to use
Balsa wood is the easyest thing to use, from that fact that is easy to cut into small things. The way to cut a peice is to get a block of wood or somthing to us as a cutting board. And with a very sharp fine knive and make a first score mark make and keep cutting and scoreing the place you want to cut. Its also very easy to cut angles out of it to. This works best with the soft balse wood. The hard stuff takes a little longer. With a sharp knive its easyer to make pro cuts and strighter even cuts.
huh? thats good to know, ill have to keep that in mid, is it cheap , or will it put a hole in my wallet, when i go to my local carter lumber.
Hey, I'm new here but there are lots of K'nex models over at www.sscoasters.net . There are also building tips.
sweet, & as of right now, 27 minutes ago, i have ordered a New Screamin Serpent, i can finally finish my Millennium Force...
It all depends on were you get the balsa wood at. I go to my local Johnestoy store. You can get packs balsa that has a kinds of different stypes thin,thick. The station that I am buliding costed about three to four dollors. With the two thin flat pices of balsa side by side and small cut peices to make the line rails, plus three dollors for silver spray paint. So depending on what you want to bulid, you can make it cheat or costly.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service