Cedar Point Coaster Models

Thanks for your help...
You could post them at www.geocities.com or at ImageShack.

RAP SUCKS! METAL ONLY!
TTD 120 MPH
420 FEET

Cool ill get my new TTD Pictures up ASAP, its pretty cool i just added a christmas tree i made with Christmas lights, & it looks perfect, i added brakes, & a rubber band launch system...
Now that we're on the subject of stuff built out of K'nex, I wanna build a Turbo Shot (Power Tower; launch side) and i don't know how to do it. I built a drop side out of the original K'nex Coaster set once but it didnt work very well (it wasn't square like the track on the real power tower, it was one of the white circle pieces with rods coming out of it atached to the orange pieces that hold the tubing, stacked. It used the chain to ascend the drop [if you dont understand what i mean then never mind] ) . So if someone can find pictures of it or can tell me a way of doing it, it would be helpful. Thanks

I've been hearing some stuff from the Lemon Chill guy lately, you wanna hear what he told me?

www.coasterbuzz.com There is a Games forum there.

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

Hey its funny Guy With a Name

I was just messing around with my Knex & found a perfect way to make a Power Tower

its complicated, e-mail me if you want me to explaine in detail to make a Knex Power Tower...
tell me how to do this...i wanna know!!!

I've been hearing some stuff from the Lemon Chill guy lately, you wanna hear what he told me?

you use Rubber Bands sorta like how i launch my TTD only you fasten the bands to the top & manually pull the train down then set it in place & launch, & hey i should be getting my Knex TTD pictures today to share with everyone....
but how do i build a good working tower and "train" (whatever they call it for power tower)...thats what i was wondering

I think the "train" on Power Tower is called a gondola.
ill show you, ill make a diagram, its pretty cool
I once tried to make a computer model of TTD on Autodesk Inventor at my highschool, but after only a few sections of the tower the large number of parts in the assembly was bogging the computer down too much, so I was forced to give up.

I'd love to try out the Coaster Dynamix thing, but I've got too little funds and too many things higher on the priority list than a $500 toy...maybe someday down the road.

well thats just neat.........

Arms Down..........Head Back..........Hold On..........

hey Joe, send me the pictures of the k'nex power tower (my e-mail is in my profile)

I am in the process of making a new Top Thrill Dragster totally out of tooth picks, the main tower is almost done...& its roughly a foot tall mabey not even that but its really cool, i've been working on it for the past 3 days, all i have to do it glue some more parts, sand it up, then spray paint it all up, it'll be really cool i might use some really fine wire for track & it should be almost totally done next week...
does anyone know if they have discontinued the screaming serpent Knex Roller Coaster, i called all the Toys r Us's around me no-one has them, i gotta finish my Millennium Force, & Guy with a name, none of my model pictures are up, & i dont have any pictures of a Knex Power Tower, but i have seen it done & i have a little diagram that explains it...its pretty elaborate
I made a Power Shot out of K'nex a long time ago. I built the tower, but instead of putting the running rails on the corners I put them in the center of the tower/gondola. This is how I made mine.

Rails: I used a bunch of orange connectors and green rods to create a rolling surface. Then to keep the wheels centered, I put yellow connectors and green rods together on each side of the orange connectors. I put these on all four sides of the tower.

Launch: To launch it I had to do a lot of adjusting, but in the end the launch looked really good and bounced. First, the tower was hollow with the exception of some white connectors for cords to run through, so the outer structure has to be real sturdy. The when building the gondola put some time of connector that are directly lined up with the running rail. At the top of the tower centered directly above the running rail there needs to be pulley. For the launch I used four elastic cords, that ran from the gondola up over the pulleys and down through the tower structure (the white connectors centers) to the bottom. I tied all four cords to a Big Ball Factory ball to create the tension.

The ball has to be able to move though, and hit a white connector when the gondola is that bottom of the tower. This is where the adjustments came to be a pain. The ball had to hit a white connector low enough in the tower so that the gondola would reach the top.

This took a long time to do, and in the end I couldn't get the car to fall all the way back to the bottom. So, it just stayed in basically the way they keep the gondolas on power tower sometimes, somewhere on the tower. However, it gave the most realistic launch and bounce in my opinion. I was working on a launch mechanism that was like TTD (sled) using elastic, but didn't have enough track tubing.

I wish I had pictures, because mine was about 6.5 ft. tall, and I built it about 4-5 yrs ago. It was definitely my crowning K'nex achievement.

could you guys send me a diagram if none of you have pictures cause the above instructions are a little confusing

im making a diagram, but im using paint, so it might be a couple days for a good one but ill get back with you....., & does anyone know where i can get a screaming serpent?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service