Cedar Point Coaster Models

I've been wondering..........has anyone seen or heard of any models of any Cedar Point coasters, with the exception of Blue Streak in the Cedar Point "Town Hall Museum", I have a Top Thrill Dragster I made out of a "Rippin Rocket" I made into a perfect TTD & sometimes it dosent make it over its cool, but im talking about any profesional models...Thanks
I saw a toothpick model of Mean Streak at my local science museum, but it didn't say the creator's name and it didn't move. (so sad).

Whoa! I just found a sweet raptor model!

http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/tk173/modelsraptor.html *** Edited 7/25/2004 3:38:58 PM UTC by Unfortunate_smiley***

Thanks for that, thats pretty cool, do you know how much a kit like that would cost, & does any know of any models of Millennium or Top Thrill? I also have a Knex Millennium Force made from a "Screaming Serpent" but its only half done due to lack of pieces.
It said it took 4 $400 kits to make the raptor model, but a single kit makes a complete smaller inverted.

i saw that kit at con, that was pretty awsome

-Greg
2005 (Award Winning!) Games Department.

Currently on tour: Who knows where

I have made a TTD out of Knex. It was really cool, I had to spray paint the parts, and made the lights. I would have given you a picture, but no scanner. It took me 3 months, but when it was finished, it was neat. To launch it, i had to pull a cord.

<3Mav

The kits are $499.95 each and you can purchase them here.

http://www.coasterdynamix.com/

I have one... it's very cool. I've built The Dragon and plan to do something custom perhaps this week if time permits.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Thanks but do you make The Raptor Model just using your own judgement, or does it come with instructions, & also my TTD Knex uses the two launchers that the "Rippin Rocket comes with, & it barley makes it over its cool its about 6 feet tall.

cedarpointlover said:
I have made a TTD out of Knex. It was really cool, I had to spray paint the parts, and made the lights. I would have given you a picture, but no scanner. It took me 3 months, but when it was finished, it was neat. To launch it, i had to pull a cord.

What exactly did you make for the lights? Did you use like Tin Foil or something?

Does anyone else have pics of their models? I'd be very interested in seeing them.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

It only comes with instructions only for The Dragon, or says so on the website.

By the way, does anyone have $499 I can borrow? *** Edited 7/26/2004 2:43:28 PM UTC by Unfortunate_smiley***

Ill try to get my TTD Knex pictures to you, i have a digital camera & the pictures our on the computer , but how would i get you to see them,
ImageShack is a nice service if you just want to host an image.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

joe@cp04 you could just get a free geocities page from them at www.geocities.com and use that page and put a link here for your pictures
alright thanks but ill get some up to date photos & notify you when there up

Geocities won't hold up long with all the potential hits it could receive from the GTTP crowd, though.
I made a model of Dragster (http://img57.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Dragster420/DSC00692.jpg). It's not a working one but it's the best I could do. I was going to make a full model station and all but it would of been to big. I'm making efforts in making a Millennium Force model(mostly out of wood).
Thats pretty cool, what did you make it out of...i'm thinking about making a 1/100th scale model of TTD at a little over 4 feet tall out of dow rods & other various parts it should be pretty cool.

I neither have the time or patience to make a model of a coaster, but when any of you guys make progress notify us, I would really want to see them!
For those wondering (and not actually reading the linked page) the Raptor model was comissioned of Brad Sherman (Arrow Guy) by the folks from CoasterDynamix.

Last I talked to Brad he estimates that between three and four kits were used to build the model. He did the planning, designing, etc mostly all by himself in his garage for months.

The folks at CoasterDynamix plan to take the model around to trade shows and such, and perhaps one day, may give the model to the park. *** Edited 7/27/2004 6:47:44 AM UTC by Michael Darling***

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service