Mean streak photo is no more.

I was just told by a freind that works in one of the on ride photo booths, that mean streaks on ride photo is being removed because of slow sales.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Who wants to be seen riding that thing, anyway?

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

Ahh that makes me soo sad. I have so many on-ride photos from that ride.

-------------------------------------------

Cory Marshall

Aww, that's too bad. My friends and I have some great "posed" pics from that ride. But yeah, I can see how that would make sense. The last few times I was at the park, it was a walk-on all day.

Are you sure this isn't the Atlantic Ocean?

GO TIGERS!

It has nothing to do with a walk-on and more to do with the fact that they're paying at least 1 if not 2 people to staff the booth all day, and not making that money up in sales.

If no one's riding it, no one's buying pictures of it. Not to mention that it's really not all that great of a ride.

Are you sure this isn't the Atlantic Ocean?

GO TIGERS!

I noticed that windows were shut, but I didn't realize that they were going to be selling them anymore. They should probably take the camera down then....

Too bad, I never bought it.

2005/2006: Cedar Point - Millennium Force
2007/2008/2009: Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway
2008: Hard Rock Park - Maximum RPM! Opening Supervisor
2008/2009: Universal Orlando - Men in Black: Alien Attack Team Leader, Guest Services Coordinator

redwingchik said:
If no one's riding it, no one's buying pictures of it. Not to mention that it's really not all that great of a ride.

Umm, Mean Streak is one of the greatest rides in the park, in my opinion.

<3Mav

MrScott said:
Who wants to be seen riding that thing, anyway?

MrScott

:O Shame on you MrScott!

When is it being removed? Are they going to be selling them at all this season? Because I planned on buying one when I go on May 23. I agree with cedarpointlover, I love Mean Streak and I wanted to buy an on ride photo! I have one from MF, TTD, Raptor, and 2 from Magnum and I wanted to complete my collection this year with Mantis and Mean Streak. I knew I should have bought one last year.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Perhaps I was a bit harsh. I still do ride it--once a year. And tis a beautiful sight to behold...especially at night.

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

Usually the ride isn't too bad when it first opens for the season. With that in mind, I rode and probably had one of the worst rides that I can remember on it this past Sunday. There's a difference between wooden roughness and all out painful chaos. That will definitely be my one and only ride for the year. As far as the photos go, I don't know why anyone would want to buy a picture of yourself in agony on that thing.

I love mean streak. We really analyze rides to much, i think its great, its out of control, fast, and a walk on. Plus its the best looking ride in the park.

I wondered why it was completely closed opening day, I thought maybe there was just something wrong with it.

Kyle D
Rollbacks - 1 - Opening Day 2005
Last TTD train of the night (6-23/24).

They close that photo booth periodically during the year. I remembered it being closed a few times last season. It usually has to do with staffing issues, because not everyone has processed in yet this season. Mean Streak photo booth is not a high priority according to CP staffing i guess.

BirdOfPrey00 said:
Usually the ride isn't too bad when it first opens for the season. With that in mind, I rode and probably had one of the worst rides that I can remember on it this past Sunday. There's a difference between wooden roughness and all out painful chaos. That will definitely be my one and only ride for the year. As far as the photos go, I don't know why anyone would want to buy a picture of yourself in agony on that thing.

I rode in the front seat today and it was probably one of the smoothest rides I've ever had on it. Same goes for Mantis for some odd reason. I usually find that ride incredibly uncomfortable but I was actually enjoying myself on it for once instead of wondering why I'm enduring the pain of riding it.

Thunder Canyon '05

On Sunday I thought I was going through a boulder-field on my bike. It was miserable. Even my 14 year-old shock body couldn't handle the roughness.

From what I had heard Mean Streak Photo may open up during the busy summer months but i'm not sure about that.

2005 - Dragster Photo
2002-2007 - Season Pass

Poor Mean Streak Photo. Hopefully buisness and staffing will allow its shutters to open sometime this season.

Ride Photo 03-07

Awww that sucks. We rode it on opening day at like 9:30 or sometime late, and we just figured it was closed for the day. I remember, Mean Streak was my first ever "big" coaster, I still love it. Only have one photo though...

2008 - Games (Area 3/Scales)
2009 - Games Supervisor
2010 - Season pass holder.

Who wants a photo of themself grimacing in pain?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service