What would a 500 ft. coaster type be called???

The-coaster-that-all-the-nay-sayers-would-love-to- be-first-in-line-for-if-they-had-the-chance-coaster.

assuming reliability, of course.

I like the tera-coaster idea. Its not like its never going to happen....why would you not want CP to be the first? Its an inevitable accomplishment...hell, i say let CP build it, and I will come.

Do I think its happening 2007? Not a chance...but will it happen? Undoubtedly.

Oh it will happen. I just hope that whatever company builds it is ready for the hurdles they're going to have to jump.

I would guess in the next few years it will happen somewhere...TTD just reinvented the idea of the traditional coaster for me (i never knew about its "launch" predecessors with no lift hill), so 500 ft could be achieved in a way that no one can really imagine right now.

But come on....can you imagine climbing a 500 ft lift hill overlooking lake erie? That would be worth the wait alone.

Back on topic: Tera Coaster

Imagine how long it would take to get from the top to the bottom and how tiny Millennium and Dragster would look when at the top!

I just want to see it done, I dont care what park does it (though I'd love to see CP do it). But CP just might not have the room for a 500footer after this next coaster.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

TTD 120mph said:
Imagine how long it would take to get from the top to the bottom and how tiny Millennium and Dragster would look when at the top!

I just want to see it done, I dont care what park does it (though I'd love to see CP do it). But CP just might not have the room for a 500footer after this next coaster.

LoL I know there is not going to be that much room after this next coaster, and I could olny imagine how little people would look at the top of a 500 footer!!! *** Edited 5/22/2006 2:10:40 AM UTC by CedarPointFreack***

Family Guy:
"Wow they all look like ants from up here", "They are ants Michael they are ants!"

:)

*** Edited 5/22/2006 2:58:28 AM UTC by TTD 120mph***

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

CP_bound said:
Turd-Sandwich-Coaster or Giant-Douche-Coaster?

Please tell me some of you get the reference here...

Yessir, GeeForce, your resident 16 year old dork checking in.

On the topic, I think Teracoaster seems reasonable (although it would've been more reasonable for 400 ft, following the mega-giga pattern, but hey whatever floats their boat).

2008 - Games (Area 3/Scales)
2009 - Games Supervisor
2010 - Season pass holder.

lol, what part of my post, exactly, makes me a Six Flags fan?

Yikes.

Forget the countless trips i've been taking to Cedar Point since I was born, apparently, and the 2 Six Flags parks that I have ever been to.

CP_bound said:
Turd-Sandwich-Coaster or Giant-Douche-Coaster?

Please tell me some of you get the reference here...[

HaHa! nice reference to South Park. The best show ever!

Coasterkid

You might find out what a 500ft coaster will be called. My brother inlaw works at a auto dealership in Sandusky. And according to him he was working on a car that belonged to a maintenance person from CP. And he told him it was gonna be a 500ft coaster. Even though somtimes i take what he says with a grain of salt i just thought i would pass that along.

Even though somtimes i take what he says with a grain of salt

Good advice. I dont know if maintenence people would be considered "in the circle of trust".

Kinzel: "Tony, Tyler, I need you to meet me in my office at 3:00. I have an important folder to show you. Oh, and if you could, select one represenative from the janitorial service, one from the the maintenence people, and that guy that works the Lemon Chill stand."

But he could have also been a ride maintence guy. Just never know.

And I would imagine there is a percentage of workers at CP who enjoy misleading people. They feed them a line of BS but since they work at CP their word is taken as gospel by some.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Teracoaster's not bad, though I'm somewhat partial to ubercoaster. ;) I still don't think it's going to be a 500-footer and I honestly hope it's not. Taller and faster do not always mean better.

2006 CP Visits: Lost count...
Next visit: May 13th...?

I still don't think it's going to be a 500-footer and I honestly hope it's not. Taller and faster do not always mean better.

I dont think there are many around this site who do think it will be a 500 footer. The fact is, though, it will happen somewhere...hmm. Uber, or Tera...

Maverick

*snicker*

Kyle D
Rollbacks - 1 - Opening Day 2005
Last TTD train of the night (6-23/24).

WebGeekFantasy. That's what it would be called.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

lol!

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

Its funny, I was in line for TTD this weekend and heard a guy talking about the site and the red track. According to him, this coaster is going to be over 600 feet tall.

So, that begs the question... what would a 600 ft. coaster type be called???

;)

Brandon

"Stupid."

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service