Weight issue update for 2017

Hello,

It's been 3 years since I have been to CP, have there been any changes to the MF or TTD in terms of a bit more room for larger guests, or am I bound to wear thin shorts? Should I be planning on row 4 on the GK as well? Also, is there any concern regarding weight and the Valravn? Thanks!

Nope. No real changes, bout the same as always.
Thin shorts, no belt might help in any case.
If you need row 4 they'll be glad to tell you.

Thank you kindly. For the record, when I was there in 2014 (or 2015) I was roughly 265 ( 5'10") and did the test seats for TTD and MF and made it with the thin shorts. Probably a touch higher now but not much. I'll be there Sunday and Monday and will post the results. Any issues with Valravn?

Now a 29 time Steel Vengeance survivor! Two time Winter Chill Out dude.

Same height and closer to 285-290. With some above and beyond help from Povel from Poland was able to ride MF for the first time last week. That guy is awesome. TTD is probably still a no for me but I might give it a try sometime soon.

Valravn has a red belt seat in each row. I fit but full breaths are a little constricted like on Banshee. Time to practice some meditation if I ever get stuck on one of those.

I have had better luck on the row 4 inside seat on GK than the outside.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

There are big boy seats on Valravn too.
I'm a big guy at 240 and on the vest-style rides one of the things I find, once I'm successfully locked in, is to take hold of the straps toward the top and kind of pull up and out. It doesn't do much for the pressure at the waist, but it allows better breathing room in the chest. Once the ride starts, try to keep your hands and arms from pulling down on the bars. I've found that through my inadvertent help, restraints get tighter during the most intense positive g moments. If I go hands free that's less likely to happen.

I'm surprised there isn't away the harness system once locked its LOCKED. Meaning it doesn't get looser or tighter. I am 5'10'' 190/195 pounds and I find it can get very uncomfortable as the ride goes through the course with the restraints getting tighter. I really wasn't a fan of the vest style when I was CP earlier this summer. even sitting in the station it was uncomofortable

Last edited by Paul Florio,

I never really have noticed any discomfort on GK, but I have only ridden Row 4. I haven't been able to ride Raptor in 5 years, I may try, but seems silly to volunteer for the walk of shame. I checked out Soak City ( I know it's called something else now) because it's my first time, and all of the slides are good for those under 300. DO they actually weigh people on the slides?

I found that if you don't postion your self just right before you pull the vest down, your man parts ban be pensioned in an in comfy spot. or might just be me. lol

Paul are you saying even if I loose 100 lbs those restraints are still going to be super tight. Ah hell, where is that funnel cake stand. You are also not the only person that has an issue with those S&M Ball Busting seats.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

I'm not saying there tight per say, because the upper chest area really isn't the issue. the vest does mold along your body but it does have some give. My issue is the lower half and I am glad its not just me with that issue.

The B&M vests are a buzzkill for the rides they're on. Shoulder blades are where they affect me the most, so I also hold them out throughout the course.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

TMAN264 said:

DO they actually weigh people on the slides?

I would say no. I was there on Friday, and there were 2 women in front of me with a double tube on Portside Plunge that I thought for sure would have been told they had to go separately - I'm not one to estimate weight, but I'm a ~200 lb guy and one was easily double my width and shorter than me - they went down the side together, after much difficulty getting the in raft together. When they hit the pool at the bottom, it flipped over backward, sending the lighter one flinging up into the air a little bit. The lifeguard looked at me and said "looks like they made it"

I think you, solo, at around 300, will be fine.

Am I a bad person because that made me LOL hahahah

I don't do the individual tube slides or mat racers right now. Even though I am under the limit the problem with more mass is momentum up the sides and 7/10 times I end up flipping over half way through and turned around. As long as I can flip to my back it is not a big problem but a couple of times I had trouble and head first on your stomach kind of hurts and is probably not all that safe.

I get way to airborn on mat racers and the landing is just brutal, so I just stick to body slides and the kids love the huge splash I make in the pool. Think Snake River Falls.

e x i t english said:

TMAN264 said:

DO they actually weigh people on the slides?

I think you, solo, at around 300, will be fine.

270 but who's counting ;)

TMAN264 said:

I haven't been able to ride Raptor in 5 years, I may try, but seems silly to volunteer for the walk of shame.

I was in the same boat with Raptor, but this year they added extended belts to the outside seats on row 4. I've ridden it several times this season where I couldn't before.

I wish they would add taller restraints on the over the shoulder rides. I'm 6'6" and about 335 and am built like an offensive tackle. The problem is that there is too much room between my shoulders and crotch for the belt ever to connect. It sucks, but at least I am the first one to know when it rains..

Last edited by cptedsdisciple2,

"Forgiveness is almost always easier to obtain than permission."

TMAN264 said:
...and all of the slides are good for those under 300. DO they actually weigh people on the slides?

Darien Lake has similar trapdoor slides with a 290lb weight limit. And they do have scales, and the weight limit is strictly enforced. I heard weight limit announcements on some auto-spiels at CP Shores. Don't know if they weigh or not.

ROUNDABOUND.

TMAN264 said:

LOL sorry - I couldn't remember the specific number and I knew it was over 250 so I rounded up and you mentioned a 300lb limit - didn't mean anything negative by it.

I was once in the 260's, myself. Though I've been lifting weights for a very long time so I carried it decently. I'm now sub-200 again as of today's weigh-in.

e x i t english said:

TMAN264 said:

LOL sorry - I couldn't remember the specific number and I knew it was over 250 so I rounded up and you mentioned a 300lb limit - didn't mean anything negative by it.

I was once in the 260's, myself. Though I've been lifting weights for a very long time so I carried it decently. I'm now sub-200 again as of today's weigh-in.

LOL, I know, no offense taken! Gratz on the weight loss!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service