Update: 5/28 aerial and staging area

I took the lessons learned from the first flight and, as a result, I think these turned out a little better.

http://www.pointbuzz.com/Gallery.aspx?a=461

Also, there are new staging area photos.

http://www.pointbuzz.com/Gallery.aspx?a=462

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Walt continues to please us all. :)

The aerial shots are interesting, but can anyone connect the dots. *** Edited 5/29/2006 2:23:16 AM UTC by Gomez***

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

Indeed. Cant beat Pointbuzz.:)

Awsome Walt.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Nice pics, Walt. Things look a little more clearer now :) Maybe a helix of some sort over the lake?

In another thread it was mentioned that there were a line of footers very close to the RR tracks. I believe those footings are for a fence, like the type that is used on TTD.

First trip June 23rd

Hmm... these pics are interesting...

I have a new theory... the parallel lines of footers are the station/transfer area... The train will lift out of the station towards Mean Streak, go up maybe 150' and have a banked first drop similar to Raptor (not inverted obviously)... the curved set of larger footers seems to support this... From here I have no idea what the ride will do, but I think it will be a compact twisted layout, finally I believe the last element will be a nice double helix over the pond....

I could be completely wrong... Those were 2 things that just stuck out to me while looking at the new pics...

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Gee...I definately see latice structure supports for a lift hill, and a nice, tightly curving first drop. Walt, can I say I love you? ;)

Actually, I love the pics, but we wouldn't have them without Walt.

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

The site doesn't look as big as it appeared to be earlier. Great Pics Walt

Definitely not an Aquatrax. Fantastic pics!

=w=

I think theres more to the storey than the pictures tell I ean dont get me wrong but the amount of space there isnt enough in my opinion to blow my mind away but iv been wrong before so yea. But questions come to mind, Why start building so early,that amount of space could be done easilly in the winter, Whys track ariving so early , just for a thrill I think its going ot be bigger than what is shown but thats just my opinion

Screamster 08,09,10,11
Soak city 10,11
Castaway Bay 10,11

** Worst screen name ever**

I'm thinking of the old WWL building as the queue & exit area - maybe including retail at the exit? The lift hill looks pretty sure now. While this looks like a medium/large coaster, I'm still wondering why they have started so soon. I'm looking for the footers for structures to be built around parts of the track.

Beware the Kraken

I take back what I said about this being a long ride, because it looks like there simply aren't enough footers. I think either way you look at it, the lift, unless it is extremely steep, is going to go away from Mean Streak either at an angle toward the train tracks or straight behind the Frontier Inn. The path straight behind the Frontier Inn appears to be the obvious path for the lift, but the footers down there lead me to believe that it will be for station/transfer track. I think WWL's station will be used for the queue. I am confident that this ride will have tons of curves and possibly inversions, and I am not sold this is just a mega looper. I have a feeling it may be a prototype. *** Edited 5/29/2006 3:53:26 AM UTC by lettuce***

Who said they were done pouring footers?

MBFD

I'm pretty sure most of the footers are either done or being worked on now. The aerial pictures show that at least 75% of the site has footers on it, and I really doubt they'd complete that many footers, and then go back and start from scratch installing new ones right nearby.

Well, ok, I am done speculating. I can not figure it out. There really is no clear cut answer to all of the questions. I am just going to wait until the official announcement.

Coaster Count: 147

These photos still makes me ponder...

http://pointbuzz.com/Gallery.aspx?i=3362

http://pointbuzz.com/Gallery.aspx?i=3363
*** Edited 5/29/2006 4:02:40 AM UTC by Alexandersco***

MBFD

I don't think the footers are done yet.

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

Umm, a photo of the antique cars track has what to do with anything??? Was it another photo you were trying to link to?

No, he was showing the stakes in the ground, marking underground utilities and such.

First trip June 23rd

It kind of looks like after what may be the first hill and the 180 downward turn, it looks like the path heads into the current dug out area (tunnel?) the up and out over the current dirt pile. It looks like there are some big sections in the middle of the ride that need some footers. If they poured some of those now, they may not have truck access to parts of the site. Although the current dug out area may just be to pour more foundation, but a dive into a tunnel might be pretty cool. It also seems that they are going to keep the stream looking pond that was at the end of WWL.

Beware the Kraken

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service