Update: 2006 Season Preview

Everything will stay the same or be reduced, except for a 24-oz slush drink will increase ten cents. Most price reductions are about 20% They didn't give a real number; all they said was "of hundreds of items."

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

I hope prices at Coasters goes down.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Yeah. My dad was pretty miffed when he shelled out $40 for burgers, fries & pop, for the four of us in the family.

2005: CP Group Utility (Garbage Detail)
Coaster Junkie From NH
Working at MHT airport

That sounds like a bargain for Cedar Point! :)

I really like some of the little changes they're making this year. A number of them are things that create the perception of real value. I really hope the park goes back to taking pride in its operations and really busting their butts to show people a good time.

What Pete said earlier is true. Over the last few years we've seen cut after cut after cut and declining guest service and interaction as well. They've done some nice things with pricing and such this year. Here's to hoping they follow suit in the rest of the areas that have been struggling.

I think the financial success of this season hinges on repeat visits. I think with the lower admission, especially for seniors and kids, they're going to attract some additional people that wouldn't have come out otherwise. That in itself might not be enough to offset the loss of money from the price drop per person. The trick is bringing those people back more than once and bringing the people who have been somewhat soured by the park over the past couple seasons back multiple times.

I know last summer was the first time I actually said to myself, "it's not worth driving all the way to CP, staying in a hotel, etc." I felt like they were nickel and diming me for everything and that they weren't doing their best to ensure that I was having the best time I could (see operations of things like the train, mine ride, maXair, etc). People are willing to pay for a really good time. But when they pay, expecting a great time and are shown a mediocre time, they get annoyed. I visited the park a few times last year, but I probably would have gone more and spent more if I felt CP was doing what they could to make my day great. They were just ensuring they were running the place as cheaply as possible without completely pissing off EVERYONE. I've come to expect better from CP over the years and I hope they're successful in restoring my image of the park this season.
*** Edited 4/29/2006 2:58:16 PM UTC by MDOmnis***

-Matt

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service