Update: 2006 Season Preview

Fantastic section! Great work.

While I am happy that Raptor is added to Joe Cool, the elimination of early TTD Joe Cool rides sucks - especially since there is no more freeway. I wonder how many Joe Cool-ers will simply use their early entry time to just line up for TTD? Interesting.

cyberdman

I felt that TTD's line moved quick throughout the day. The line seems to always move until you get to the ramp. A hour wait standing still seems a whole lot shorter when you're advancing slowly toward the station. MF's line always seems to crawl through until you hit the ramp.

I totally agree with Pete. Not only are they building a new ride and doing their normal improvements (painting, new shops, etc.); they're doing things that are going in place for the sole reason of making my day along with everyone else's a little bit better.

Strong marketing is the only way this lower prices will attract people though. If I were in charge I'd touch base on the great new thrill ride CP has along with the many others, then stress the lower price on admission and stress the $0.25 cotton candy. This will show everybody (families in particular) that CP isn't as expensive as before and that $10 you save from admission and food will get you those extra gallons of gas to get to the park.

I think CP is well prepared and knows very well what went wrong the past few years. For the employees, I doubt their hourly wage will be changed until the affect of it is seen through the average park guest. Former/current employees and enthusiast may notice the bad things going on, but I've yet hear about an average person noticing the cuts.

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

The 2006 Season Preview section is an exciting addition to this website, 10 days before the opening! Thanks, Walt and Jeff, to fuel our interest throughout the off-season!

I find outstanding Cedar Point's strategy regarding all these low prices! I had already the feeling that Cedar Point was doing much more than other parks to enjoy guests (i.e.: to run many trains on all roller coasters, not having a long list of closed rides each days, to enjoy the opportunity to join a queue line up to the closing time on MF...). Now, this is more than what I ask for!

Fred

(i.e.: to run many trains on all roller coasters, not having a long list of closed rides each days, to enjoy the opportunity to join a queue line up to the closing time on MF...).

I think there are things that many CP regulars (and im including myself here) can easily take for granted. Just using Six Flags GA, where we are headed in June, on the website it states that because Kingda Ka's line can get long, it may "close" up to 2 hours early.

Can you IMAGINE the fit we would all throw if CP told you that MF's line was closing at 8pm because they close at 10?

CP still does many of the "little things" much better than other parks, IMO, which is from a consumer's perspective.

Exactly Kevin, they are fine tuning an already great product. Never underestimate the good will that is created when customers feel that their business is appreciated. They will tell their friends about it.

The 25 cent cotton candy will have the same psychological effect as the free soda at Holiday World. CP is being a good host, it's just like inviting someone into your house and offering them something. And things like that really create customer satisfaction.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

pretty sure we can attribute most of this to Hildebrandt, who was def the right guy for the job, and cant wait till next year when we can see more his plans come into fruition

Great Update.

United States Coast Guard

Imagine your favorite tv show. You've been through it all. The ups, the downs, the crazy coincidences and then bang! They tell you what it's all about. Would you be happy? Does it make sense? How come it all ended in a church? - Joker

The 25 cent cotton candy will have the same psychological effect as the free soda at Holiday World.

Im not even a big cotton candy fan...but I have to admit, this (SkyHawk) excluded, I think is my personal favorite addition, and I cant really explain why. It just "feels" good...and I will get some just because. :)

And a close second? Perch Sandwiches! Ill be first in line.

Now if they would allow us to have 2 train operation on the Railroad most days to make you all happier. Not only that, but it would also increase our general ridership. That would be wonderful! Remember back in the late 60's through mid 70's, the park had to have 3 trains operating daily to keep up with ridership.~

I agree Pete/Kevinj, you two said everything I had to say. :)

www.cplerr.com

From everyone on the CP&LE, RIP Mayor Scott...~

Two things that I still kind of am wondering about after reading the GREAT preview (Thanks again, Walt). Number one, how small will these $.25 cotton candies cost. I'm not a little kid who's going to stand there all day with a 5 dollar bill and just chow down, but still, I'm wondering if the drop in size will be proportionate to the drop in the product. Second, how much will the 20oz drinks cost? In my opinion, 2.00 would be a miracle...but we can hope, can't we?

Last public train of 2005 on MF!

Very nice, I hope the storage for loose articles are like the storage cabinets for Shivering Timbers. In which one of the ride ops opens the cabinets betweeen the two trains so your stuff can't be stolen.

I just hope that they don't have sales tax for the cotton candy, so it is like $.27.
*** Edited 4/26/2006 11:25:54 PM UTC by scttmn31***

-Scott Wilson
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ScottW <-Win sweet things just by searching the web!

Ha, that would be sooo tacky.

MaRiJuAnA

scttmn31 said:
I just hope that they don't have sales tax for the cotton candy, so it is like $.27.

If it does, it's likely worked into the price, meaning it's really 23 cents, and then the other 2 cents you're paying is the tax. They do this in a lot of places around the park (ie: on-ride photos).

*** Edited 4/27/2006 12:34:01 AM UTC by DBCP***

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

Kevinj said:

(i.e.: to run many trains on all roller coasters, not having a long list of closed rides each days, to enjoy the opportunity to join a queue line up to the closing time on MF...).

I think there are things that many CP regulars (and im including myself here) can easily take for granted.

This is true. My homepark is a Six Flags' one. I enjoy a great gap between this and Cedar Point. I understand that many CP regulars may critic some decisions, like removing FreeWay... Last year, I did smile when I read some comments in this forum against the fact that "only" four trains ran at Gemini. But for CP outsiders like me, these things are not an issue.

CP still does many of the "little things" much better than other parks, IMO, which is from a consumer's perspective.

When I go to Cedar Point, I really feel that I am a "guest", that the park has done everything to be ready, to provide me the best experience.

Great job on the update Walt.

Jeffrey Spartan said:

Who else thinks Macaroni's should have stayed the Creepy Kooky Pizza Buffet!!

Not me. When I went there last year, they couldn't keep the buffet stocked with anything. It took them way too long to get fresh pizza out, and as soon as they did, it would dissapear very quickly, and then there would be another long wait before there was more. *** Edited 4/28/2006 3:30:29 AM UTC by Coasterfan***

-Paul

I encountered that too. I assume it was because we went there on the first day it was open in that configuration. I *assume* that they got their act together later during Halloweekends, but don't know for sure.

But, the salad bar was good, the decor was interesting, and once the pizza was finally flowing, it was pretty good.

We went there on closing day, and were quite pleased with the experience. Although the food was standard quality for a buffet, there was plenty there and enough sides to get us nice and full. One heck of a bargain, too.

Brandon

How much was the price on this pizza buffet?

Smart people in marketing. I love the overall changes happening, including the lower food prices. We'll now pay $2.50 for a bottle of soda then get stuck with change in our pockets. Do we have to carry this around all day? NOT! What the rides don't capture from us, the geniuses who put the $.25 cotton candy on the midways will. Should be a great season!

Just how many food items getting reduced are we talking about here? I hope Chicken finger baskets are going down....my friend and I love them and almost always get them when we go.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service