Trip Report 9/1/09

Had an awesome time at the park yesterday. I can't report on any of the coasters because I took my almost 3 year old son, but I can tell you that the park was pretty empty. The weather is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous all week so I recommend going to the point if you get the chance! The only downside was that the shows are basically all over and the Paddlewheel Excursions and Thunder Canyon were closed (for the season I'm guessing).

Anyhow, crowds were very light and I did look at roller coaster lines that looked pretty low. It was a little sad because anytime I saw Mantis and Mean Streak running, most of the cars were empty. I would have loved to ride but had the little one to look after.

Best part was Snoopy's bounce house had no line so they let the kids bounce as long as they liked, my son was in heaven :)

I was there that day as well. What a blast! Ten minutes for Dragster (11 rides!) and for Millie, 15 for Maverick and never got longer as the day went on. (Maybe later: I left at 5 after a total of 20 e-ticket rides.)

Weather was beautiful, sunny and cool.

Roz

^Maverick was longer than 15 minutes this day, I assure you! But overall, a fantastic week at CP!!

It's stunning to think as Jaime and I walked down the midway against the backdrop of a perfectly blue sky, 70 degree weather, and mostly station waits or near that for everything that there are days when people wait hours in long lines and endure scorching heat and humidity or rain...I seriously will never be at CP under any of those circumstances!!

Of course, CP was thankfully running near full ride operations as well (something they've appallingly skimped on before during times like this), but with many Michigan schools not starting until next week it's been just busy enough to not neuter operations.

I knew I should have gone. I even had a few vacation days scheduled this week so I could go, but I cancelled them. Why? Now that my son is tall enough to ride everything, he has been my constant companion at the park for the last couple of years. Of course, he has been back to school now for a couple of weeks. I felt guilty planning a trip without him, so I decided to cancel. Actually, I usually pull him out of school for a couple of days in May after the park first opens so we can enjoy short lines. (He's a good student, and he knows he must keep his grades up in order to enjoy the park in May.) Anyway, it sounds like this past week was a great one to enjoy the park--short lines and perfect weather. Maybe next year I'll fly solo for a couple of days the week before Labor Day. I wonder, though, if CP will decide to close earlier than 9:00 p.m. next year during that week based on this year's attendance. You know how they like to tweak the operating schedule from year to year. Sorry this isn't an actual trip report. But I feel better having shared this.

Last edited by MForce,

I was there too. Later in the evening Maverick was only 15 mins. Nothing else was more than 10.

I'm going out to get some air.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service