Thursday and Friday Aug 22-23, 2013

Finally got a chance to get up north and on Thursday and Friday got a chance to visit the park. I spent most of the week riding coasters at different parks (Canada's Wonderland, Hersheypark and Kennywood) and was really looking forward to getting to Cedar Point.

We spent the morning at Kennywood and then decided to head out around 2 or 3 and head towards Cedar Point. After reading Adam's (TTD120mph) FB post about the park being dead, we hurried our journey arriving at the park around 5:30.

Of course we headed immediately to Gatekeeper since I hadn't ridden it yet. The presentation across the front of the park is great - Love the new gates and how aesthetically pleasing the front is now. The ride also has a very good appearance with landscaping around it and a decent layout of queue line rails. The ride was alright, it wasn't any better than I was expecting. We rode both back right and back left. It's a good addition.

Next we headed to Raptor. I haven't fit Raptor in years and the last ride I got was in 2009. Next was Millennium Force which I hadn't fit in a couple years as well.

Got a bunch of rides on Magnum before heading to Dragster for the last ride of the night. Dragster was down mechanical, and supervision or the ride ops decided to take us in a single file line over to Millennium Force for a ride since Dragster wasn't going to be back up. I can't think of any other amusement park that would do this. Major props to Cedar Point.

Friday was mostly a blur, starting the day off at Maverick then opening Magnum up. Lines were minimal and we pretty much rode everything we wanted to. Had lunch at Chick Fil A and dinner at Famous Daves. Both were good choices.

I ended the night riding Magnum over and over. About 15 minutes before park close the lift on Magnum died with us on it. I was hoping for a lift evac, but it didn't happen. Spent about 30 minutes on the lift and then we had to wait because one of the people in our party had lost her cell phone earlier. Cell phone had landed in the sand out by the third hill/pretzel and was still in tact.

Didn't head to Gatekeeper ride night and instead opted to head to our hotel. All in all a great visit to the park and some great memories made. It's obvious the new leadership has made some changes, and I can't wait to see what else is in store.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service